Ford Forums banner

3" or 2.5" help deciding

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CSV_LS1 
#1 ·
:hit: Hi, I need a little help in deciding what to do....... I have an EF11 XR8 Manual , 3" sports exhaust with sports muffler, just normal exhaust metal, muffler has rattle,
need replacing eventually. I was browsing on FF market and found a Genie SS 2.5" Mandrel bent exhaust, with SS muffler. I purchased it , and it looks super cool....
and thought that it should just bolt straight on to the cats. BUT not knowing at that time that I had a 3" exhaust already myself, any way the problem is my 3" exhaust is welded to the cats and it is not a straight bolt on bolt off type fitting.
What do you reckon I should do keep the 3" exhaust and replace the muffler? or get the 2.5" fitted? what will the loss be sound and power?
PS: can any one recommend a good exhaust fitter in the Mt Druit area? thanks

#2 ·
Hi,

Hows it going?? Bummer about the exhaust being welded to the cats eh!

Do you know if the current exhaust is press bend or mandrel bend??

If it is press bend, then the genie system will have a higher flow.

#3 ·
Hi,

Yeah, I was dissapointed that it wont just bolt straight on....... I should of known my car.......
:) I didn't even know that I had a 3 " exhaust......
not sure what bend its got, will check it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice

#5 ·
Probably get some exhaust place to do that for me. Not really into doing it my self, thats why I was just looking for a bit of advice first.............being female
just want to know whats best for my car.
thanks for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.