302 questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 20:51   #1 (permalink)

302 questions

I have an older Ranchero with a newer 302 in it, I think. I bought the car from a man who was willed the car from his deceased Brother-in-Law. The guy who sold me the car didnt know anything about it, and I'm new to the Blue Oval so I need help. The engine ran perfect for a few thousand miles, then all of a sudden it started running real rough like the fuel filter was clogged. Well, it was, bad, it looked like it was full of coffee grounds. I changed the filter, and its still running horrible, I can barely keep it running, and it'll die within a minute or two no matter what I do. So I'm replacing the entire fuel system, I'm set with the new tank, fuel line and all that, but I dont know what to do about the carb. I dont want to rebuild it, I'd rather just replace it. I dont believe the engine to have an aftermarket cam or anything like that, but I could be wrong. It does have an offenhauser intake, I believe the carb to be an old Carter. My question is, what carb do I replace the old one with. How many CFM? Any other help or tips would be great. Thanks in advance.
El Sangron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 02:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: 302 questions

hey, if its only a some what standard 302 then id go for somthing like a 465 vac holley, take a look at the fuel pump also and a set of plugs won't hurt either.
PHATXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech