Ford Forums banner

'99 windstar climate control problem

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cthawes 
#1 ·

Post Per Day: 0.47
User is: Online '99 Windstar climate control problem

Received van back from dealer, A/C blowing out of the defrost vents. Took back and found a vacuum line not connected. Connected the line and after that was able to select where the air was blowing-face, feet, both and whatever selection you can make with the control knob. Now I noticed when motor is under a light to heavy load (taking off from a stop or climbing a small or large incline) the air will blow back out of the defrost vents. I double check vacuum lines and found another line not hooked up right. Reconnected that and I double check all vacuum lines. Still does it. Think maybe I have a bad seal in the black plastic intake? I failed to mention that the van was in the shop for a coolant leak that was under the plastic intake. I don't have any check engine lights on and the van seems to be running good, except for the stated problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.