Ford Forums banner

Annoying AUII heating and cooling variants

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DXR88U 
#1 ·
Ever since the day I took delivery of my AUII XR8, the air conditioning and heating never stays at the same level.
For example, you can be driving for 20 minutes with the AC on, the all of a sudden it becomes ice cold, or warmer, for no reason.
Same with heating. One minute its a nice constant level, the next it jumps up or down.
My sister has exactly the same problem with her AUII XR8.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I also find the AC to be sub standard. It simply dosnt get cold enough. Except for the moments of madness it has.

It all adds up to making it impossible to finding a comfortable temp, as you are always having to adjust the heat control, depending on whether it decides to get cooler or hotter all on its own.

Any suggestions/comments?

#2 ·
yep my au2 has the same problem!! some days it will be ice, others it will be really warm, I also dont think the temperature increments are accurate or close enough. my mums fairmont climate contol is excellent, it would be great if there was an aftermarket option like that!

#3 ·
Not sure about the heating side but my AU II XR8 had the same symptons your describing about the air conditioner,it ended up being low on gas,take your car for a drive with the air on and as soon as it blows warm air or changes pull over and check to see wether the air con, compressor is spinning the front half off the compressor should spin (b4 you take off on your journey turn the air on and see if this is spinning first it should on start up)when they get low on gas the compressor shuts off, Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Hi Galaxy

Its in for a service next week so will have them check out the gas level.
Its coming up 2 years old, and is a daily driver, so would have expected the air con gas to last longer than that, but its possible.

The thing that bothers me is it has done it from day one, so will ask the dealer if there is a fix to what seems a common problem.

Cheers

#5 ·
Well for me so far my aircon and heating has been excellent. No problems, infact i often wonder the need to have climate control as i reckon it works almost the same as the manual system but using a digital panel as opposed to a rotary dial.

If the system is out of gas then it's most likely got a leak in the system somewhere. Shouldn't run out of gas so early if it doesn't have a leak.

#7 ·
I own an EF Fairmont Ghia with the fancy climate control system, and every Winter it drives me nuts (it does not warm up quickly enough), and every summer the Air-Con does not get cold enough. My g/f's Toyota BLASTS both HOT and COLD exactly when and how you want it. I don't like Toyota's much, but I have to admit that I'm very dissapointed in the Ford's air-conditioning. I've been thinking about getting an AU, but it does not sound like they have learnt from past mistakes.... perhaps the designers of the car live in a temperate climate?

#8 ·
hi guys i know mine isnt a series 2 but i have an au xr8 series one and i must say on hot days it really great as you would well need with a black car and in the winter time you can only have the heater set arond the halfway mark as it almost cooks you. so i suppose i must say mine works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.