Anyone know what this is? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 08:21   #1 (permalink)

Anyone know what this is?

Im kind of simple when it comes to cars, learning a little at a time as various things go wrong with my 94 tempo. there is a black circular type of thing to the front and left of the airfilter. it says "BR 4a11B" on it, among other numbers, and it has a hose that seems to be running from the air filter, into it, and another hose leading out to the bottom of the car.

the hose leading (away from?) it at the bottom has become unattached where it it supppsoed to meet some kind of pipe, i think because the metal has corroded. when i put my hand in front of it (the pipe-thing it is supposed to be connected to), i can kind of feel some air sucking in a little.

i thought it may have been something to do with the a/c, but now im not so sure. if someone could tell me what this is and what the implications of that corroded, now disconnected, hose are, i would be most appreciative. im not sure how long its been that way. thanks much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car 002.jpg (52.0 KB, 74 views)
blueblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 15:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: Anyone know what this is?

This looks a bit like part of the anti-pollution equipment. An old ford laser i once owned had a couple of similar looking bits. One of those had also rusted away wherethe hose fitted on. Had no effect on running of the vehicle (might even run a bit better with less restriction) They can actually knock you back for rego if they're tough but should be ok. They are v. expensive new so try the wreckers if you have to replace.
tex3999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 15:11   #3 (permalink)

Re: Anyone know what this is?

probably something that goes with the air pump. like he said for the emissions
thats by best guess with out traceing hoses. if it doesnt affect the proformance than who gives a shit
bigbronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech