anyone using Gas Reserch on xr8 220 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2002, 08:12   #1 (permalink)

Smile anyone using Gas Reserch on xr8 220

HI All,

Well the decisicion is made the AUII xr6 is going after about 11 months and 75,000k's and I have ordered my new xr8 ( can't wait) any way I will be putting gas on it and am just wondering if anyone uses the gas reserch system. while a little more expensive I have heard they are the best for this type of car.
also If anyone is running this system have you done any other mods and what sort of r/w power do have?
Thanks in advance

Ed
AUXRHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2002, 08:27   #2 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Ive got a better, less restictive system if you are interested?

Ive been running my EECIV 351C XE ute with dual fuel for the past 8 months now. Ive made my own mixer which on back to back runs on the dyno only lost out 7hp at the peak compared to petrol and about 7-9 hp in the mid range. I use a dual feed OMVL mixer.

I have finally(waited 3 months!!) been supplied the stainless feed tubes and will soon test some smaller versions (60 and 65mm) for milder applications before machining an initial batch of ten. They are made from solid 6061-T6 aluminium and fit inside 90mm tubing.

Pete.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:52   #3 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

theres a lpg place in sydney, he runs the gas research gold kit on his xr8 ute. he has only lost 3hp..

clean and sweet install, seen it myself!

need info drop me a pm
Old 05-26-2002, 01:39   #4 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Tickford Gas

What is Tickford Gas then? Is that the official Ford Gas system, or does the normal Falcon get a different one? My AU1 Fairmont has Tickford Gas along with the bodykit etc. I only have a normal V6 so does it differ from the normal Falcon Gas systems?
fte22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 01:54   #5 (permalink)
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!

Re: Tickford Gas

Quote:
Originally posted by fte22
I only have a normal V6 so does it differ from the normal Falcon Gas systems?
Do you really have a V6?:bwhoa1:, that would be an interesting mod. Or did you mean an Inline 6?:oo1:
Old 05-26-2002, 01:56   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

the gas conversion system as fitted to all falcons is performed by tickford, that is why your gas sysem has tickford compliance plates
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Ooops, yeah, that's what I meant, normal inline 6, my mistake Just when I took my car to get serviced, they were like, what sort of gas do you have fitted etc, like I would have had some after market one.
Old 05-26-2002, 21:18   #8 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

My I6 is a non-Tickford system (grrrr) unlike the Gf's EL which is. Funny thing is she gets awesome economy and I get SFA hehe. I must say though, the Ticky LPG system seems more integrated IMO - ie flicking the switch from LPG to petrol and vice versa in the GF's car is seemless - can't even tell. With mine, it's like it's giving it a big bott up the arse - I've also heard loud bangs, which I think is something to do with the airflow through the airbox perhaps. Might even be the balance line or something - I doe no !

Cheers,
Steve
Old 05-26-2002, 23:32   #9 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Your girlfriend gets awesome economy on her EL? Does she drive like a typical woman though, hehe, no offence? I agree that it is good how it is integrated, with the trip computer as well, I get the word LPG light up next to my km's remaining. I get the worst economy though, around 18-20 litres per 100km's, so I only get around 350km's from a tank. I guess driving in traffic for work doesn't help, but it's lame how they claim it to be lower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech