ATTN - Basscrazy - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2003, 19:53   #1 (permalink)
As Sober as Steve Bracks

ATTN - Basscrazy

Howdy Mate,

First of all love the car, im doing the same with my silver EA Ghia, half way thru the rim polish and looking to get color coded side strips etc....

Anyway, just a quick question.... Is your motor the full eF/EL motor or is it just the head/rocker cover/intake etc etc??

If its not the full motor, how did you go about bolting everything on and gettting it to work??

Cheers for any help you can give

Brad
XplodBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 22:54   #2 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

An EF/EL head will bolt straight on to an EA - ED block. I have an EF head on my ea. Also the EF/EL manifold will bolt onto an EA head. So really theres a lot thats interchangable, but with the ef manifold use ea injectors, and somehow limit the regulator to 250kpa to stop rich running as ef/el is 275kpa
Old 01-29-2003, 13:58   #3 (permalink)
As Sober as Steve Bracks

thanks for the reply NZ, just a couple of questions from that:

I want to run the EL head/manifold on the EA block... Do I need an EL computer? Will running the EL Head/manifold on the EA block offer any performance increase/decrease??

Also, how did you end up limiting the regulator?

And another thing, what parts did you need to do the conversion and how much did it set you back??
XplodBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 14:12   #4 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

I dont think that a increase in fuel pressure of that size will pose a huge problem especially since its breathing easier due to the better designed ef/el head. Computer should adjust to suit anyway.

if it really worries you dont bother stuffing around with the ef/el regulator, just get an old ea one and chuck that in

with the ef/el head you should make more power as it is better designed for improved flow etc
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 14:32   #5 (permalink)

So a 4L ef/el head will bolt straight onto the 3.9L block without any hassels at all? I am looking at replacing my head and rings etc. in the near future and i might look into getting an ef/el head if thats the case.....
Old 01-29-2003, 16:06   #6 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Hey Fellas.

I'm running a standard EA block. The head is the original EA, recoed with port & compression modifications.

I have the EF intake, EL Rocker gear, EF Rocker cover, AU Lifters & TPS, EA ISC & Injectors, XR pressure reg, VDO fuel pump, EA 5 speed ECU (rev limit 5500, no speed limit) and a custom manifold module.

If you are going to put an EF/L head onto your EA block, it would be wise to take some measures to increase the compression. The standard EA comp is aprox 8.8:1. Bolting on the EF head will reduce this even further because of the chamber design.

NZ would be the one who can tell you the most about gains from running an EF head.
There are an enormous amount of interchangeable parts between EA-AU... its good fun.

How to get it all working together... many hours in the garage :s2:

Ciao
Old 01-30-2003, 05:36   #7 (permalink)
I Love Forced Induction.

Bass crazy, what kind of switch did you use to control the vairable intake runners.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:40   #8 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

iirc he made his own module

for which i would love the scheamatics for

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech