Ford Forums banner

AU Head lights

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blinkAU 
#1 ·
Guys iv got some globes from my old ea they are those blue xenon ones.

The problem is i pick up my au tomorrow :) :)

The globes i have are 100/90 H4 and 100w H3. They are all the next step up from standard globe output. Will these burn or melt my headlights?

Another problem im thinking is au lights are very birght and will these be so bright that im been highbeamed all the time. They use to be very good in my old ea lights and I got the occasional high beaming.

Any advice on what I should do, if i have to replace my bulbs what are the ones that are actually a noticable blue also probably illegal?

#2 ·
I have ultra white bulbs in my AU and people are constantly flashing their lights at me, all i have to do is actually flash my high beams at them though and it shuts them up pretty quick. The ultra whites are ultra bright.

#5 ·
the high wattage WILL melt the lens on AU headlights - it only didnt melt you ea's ones cos they were glass.

it'll also damage the chrome reflector

you guys might need to adjust your headlight aiming and bring your reflectors down a bit if you are being high beamed.........

also AU's have a H1 and a H4 , so your H3 will be useless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.