Ford Forums banner

AU into EB transplant - success!

6K views 55 replies 26 participants last post by  galapogos01 
#1 ·
hey all.
k, i know its taken a while, but tonight the EB's new heart was started.
much to my neighbours disgust, we ran the beast through open extractors....lol
'we' being Dan(walkinshaw), Chris(mightyefghia) and me.

i'd like to thank Dan for all his technical help and enthusiasm, and Chris for pushing me to get the biatch done. (i know you just wanted to hear it with no exhaust dude!)

hope these pics work..
i also have a short video of the car running through just the extracters, but i need someone to host it..... anyone?

#4 ·
Ah great work guys :)
the EB should go fairly hard now!

#5 ·
no, i havn't had the chance to drive it yet. bonnet and front wheels won't be back on till tomorrow. i'll be driving down to the exhaust place 8am saturday, still with just the extractors. that should wake a few people up lol. Dan's coming over again tomorrow arvo to help me finish a few things off. should be out cruising saturday night.

#8 ·
Damn Monty,

It looks SHWEET maaaaate. Fully shick. :wnc:

Yeah I would LOVE a tutorial. If nobody else wants it you could PM me. And can I borrow all you guys along with it to help me out???

Good job!

#9 ·
monty.v8 said:
so does anyone want me to write up a tutorial? or should i just quickly list what bits i used, swapped, modified, butchered etc?
Yeah would love to read it...

#12 ·
So just the AU motor, or motor and gearbox, I assume you changed the ECU, did you also change the loom, or just plug extra wires in, and how long did it take to do in real time, what i mean is like it took a month, but you only spent 10 days out of that time really working on the car.

#17 ·
My guess is Sam's been out riding his bike :p
good to see ya back :p

#18 ·
i was gonn ask for the pics too. that looks mad... well what you can see of it.

phil i also want a tutorial too man, have fun tomorrow on the way to the exhaust shop here its gonna be nice and wet!!!!!

#21 ·
there 18"AJR signatures from memory........ its been a while
Yep it sure has been a while. I've been doing nothing but working (and bike riding ofcourse John :evilhehe:). Ive missed out on a few meets and cruises i know, i'd love to catch up too.. hopefully soon. The wheels are 18" Ajr Directors. Im still missing the 1 rim though, ive got stokies at the back for the time being. I'll post a pic when i get the chance to.
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.