Ford Forums banner

AU leaking water in cabbin

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Black EX-R6 
#1 ·
Hi all my brother has a 99 AU XR6 when u wash it or it rains water pissis in on the drivers side footwell I've cralled under the dash and can't see any hole and I've pulled the cowling off under the windscreen to check for a build up of leaves and shit but nothing has worked anyone else had this problem or heard of it cause I'm really getting sick of him whinging at me to fix it.
I had the car for a week and found no way for the water to get in but it does

Cheers Neil

#2 ·
Check heater and air con vent to outside is blocked...

#4 ·
Has the windscreen ever been replaced? if so they might have not sealed teh windscreen properly ...

There is also a fairly large grommet going into the engine bay for the bonnet release cable ... that tends to come loose at times ... it comes out just under the cruise controle box in the engine bay ...

then there is a thir break through next to the accelerator paddle behind the carpet ... but i would believe water is coming through there ...

#5 ·
Mine leaks pretty badly actually.

Anytime it rains or I go through the laser wash it pors water onto your foot pedals.

You can actually hear the running water when sitting in the wash.

I tried to take off the wiper for that side to get at the plastic grille to see whats under it but the wiper wouldnt come off. the nut is on like a bastard.

#6 ·
Black EX-R6 said:
Mine leaks pretty badly actually.

Anytime it rains or I go through the laser wash it pors water onto your foot pedals.

You can actually hear the running water when sitting in the wash.

I tried to take off the wiper for that side to get at the plastic grille to see whats under it but the wiper wouldnt come off. the nut is on like a bastard.
Hi im new to the forums but i have heard of this problem on the AU's. It happen to my mum's 98 Au futura wagon. Everytime you go out driving in the rain the drivers side gets soaked with water. Since her car was under warranty ford offered to fix it. It took them 4 times to fix the leak. There was a leak coming through under the wheel arch where the mud flaps go and when u drive it in the wet all the water just pours straight in. The guys at ford just said they ripped of all the carpet and bogged it up with some stuff inside the cabin ... it seem to fix the problem. Well hope it helps

#7 ·
Hmm. I dont think its a leak in the wheel arch because from what you said i got the impression that if they ripped up the carpet to fix the hole then the carpet would just get soggy and wouldnt run in making a dripping/running water noise.

Though its worth checking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.