AU power steering pump - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2004, 21:51   #1 (permalink)

AU power steering pump

Hi fella's, Is the powre steering pump a servicable item, i.e. can it be repaired? I've just noticed mine is leaking and it's nearly lost all the fluid. Does anyone know of someone who is good at these in Brisbane? or is it cheaper to replace? Thanks
Futura - Galaxy blue, XR mags, painted calipers, headlight & bonnet protectors, louvre, tow pack, Tickford snorkel, mesh grille, chrome inner handles and T-bar surround, chrome trim to console, some Ghia bits, lambswools, slimline shields, XR bumper and side moulding inlays (red) DBA slots to front, and coming to a post near you - blue dials,leather wheel, extractors, cold air upgrade, footwell lamps and whatever the budget allows
AU Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2004, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: AU power steering pump

Yeah they can be repaired or rebuilt. May want to check that the fluid isn't just coming out of one of the hoses which may be loose.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:36   #3 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

yep, they are repairable, and i can do it if you wish - they are pretty much exactly the same as commo ones, and i have been doing them for years :)

PM me if you would like me to have a go.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 18:43   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
yep, they are repairable, and i can do it if you wish - they are pretty much exactly the same as commo ones, and i have been doing them for years :)

PM me if you would like me to have a go.
Thanks for the offer dude, but the thing blew it's insides out, so it left me no option but to cough up the pennies, no matter how much it hurt. I paid Fulcrum $330.00 to supply and fit. Ford wanted $412.00 for the pump alone lol, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to decide which way to go. Much appreciate your kind offer. Cheers

f
Futura - Galaxy blue, XR mags, painted calipers, headlight & bonnet protectors, louvre, tow pack, Tickford snorkel, mesh grille, chrome inner handles and T-bar surround, chrome trim to console, some Ghia bits, lambswools, slimline shields, XR bumper and side moulding inlays (red) DBA slots to front, and coming to a post near you - blue dials,leather wheel, extractors, cold air upgrade, footwell lamps and whatever the budget allows
Old 06-22-2004, 02:25   #5 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

blew its guts out???? can we have pics please? or did they just dump it?

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:43   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
blew its guts out???? can we have pics please? or did they just dump it?
Na, I didn't get a say. When I picked the car up they said it went into the scrap bin - history. I'll say this much though, there was a lot of oil splashed around the place. Nearly all clean now. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech