AU Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2003, 04:01   #1 (permalink)
10/99 AU Forte 4.0L

AU Problems

Just bought an Au Forte (10/99 model). Am having problems. Seems to be missing, hunting when cruising at 60 (in 3rd) to 100 Km/hr (in drive) with light throttle applied. Also misses and seems to have a flat spot if you apply soft throttle from standing start occasionally. Sometimes idles roughly. Has only done 90,000 k's Had it back to Ford 4 times. They can't seem to find the problem. Have changed spark plugs, air cleaner, leads, fuel filter, had injectors cleaned and tested, de carboned top end, changed coil. Next thing will be to try and change the ECU. Has had extensive tests and diagnosing done. All seems to check out OK at idle, but when you're actually driving, it's a different story. Has anyone experienced similar problems?
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2003, 04:20   #2 (permalink)

Re: AU Problems

Quote:
Originally posted by Ynot
Also misses and seems to have a flat spot if you apply soft throttle from standing start occasionally.
I had that problem, it was a faulty lead. You seem to have changed everything though!!
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:56   #3 (permalink)
10/99 AU Forte 4.0L

Yep. Tried everything. Got told i have a rare and unusual problem! :-(
Old 03-02-2003, 05:54   #4 (permalink)
longjohn1

no not rare,thought i was the only one,trying cleaning out your iac valve and check the manifold bolts there loose trust me,clean out your pcv with carby cleaner and it should help it along its way, at the moment i am chasing a vacuum leak somewhere in the engine somewhere.
Old 03-02-2003, 14:42   #5 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Same Problem

I have same problem. On both Petrol And Gas. Seem sto be moree noticable on gas. When you drive you softly put foot on to accelerate and it like hesitates to engage. So for like 0.5 of a sec there is no power. But if you plant it it there straight away problem is you dont drive with your foot flat to floor all the time (Even thats ome of us would like too).

I have changed everthing as well i dont really know what it is there trying to tell me its the gas convertor but hello it does it on petrol also but not as bad.

Buggered if i know would it have anything to do with the coil pack seems like there is just no spark for a split second thats all.

Dont know whats going on biys but its strange and pisses you off. Doesnt really affect driving but just really irritates me as i want my car running correctly

Steve B
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 15:13   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Two things I'd check is map and inlet temp senors.With gas I figure they come into the equation too..T.p.s then hego sensors next..??...$$$
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 18:53   #7 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

sounds like a vacuum leak to me, but also check condition of accelerator return spring, make sure TPS is making good contact etc
The most annoying problems are the ones you cant seem to find, Im currently chasing a similar problem with my EA

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 20:18   #8 (permalink)
10/99 AU Forte 4.0L

Ford did tighten the inlet manifold. Another mechanic tested each cylinder on computer for vacuum leaks, swapped TPS and coil from another AU, had compression test done and it held overnight. Maybe i should throw it on a dyno and see if anything can be picked up there as nothing shows up at idle. Just when you're driving.
Thanks for the replies guys!
Old 03-02-2003, 20:45   #9 (permalink)
10/99 AU Forte 4.0L

Seems to use a bit of juice too. I am averaging 400K's to 56/58 litres. Works out at around 13 L/100 k's and 250 of those k's are on the freeway. WHAT THE !! It's supposed to get 11.5 L/100 in city and 6.8 L/100 on the freeway. Any au fellas able to comment on fuel consumption. Remember it's a 10/99 model 6 cyl. They are supoosed to be more econmical than the earlier models (apparently).
Old 03-03-2003, 03:12   #10 (permalink)

I have a 9/99 AU futura, you should get 550-650 kays per tank depends on how hard you drive, I drive pretty hard so I only get 500 - 550 kays.
AU Series 1 I6 Futura, 17" XR Series III Rims, Kings superlow springs and Bilstien shocks, K-MAC adjustable caber kit, xr8 snorkle, BMC Filter, EF a/box lid, custom storm water pipeing, pacemakers, h/flow cat, 2 1/2" zorst mandrel bent, dyno'd @ 117.2kwrw b4 bmc
ir33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech