AU worth buyin - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2003, 01:56   #1 (permalink)
Fairmont Ed

AU worth buyin

hey guys im soon to think about buyin a new car as mine is ageing and startin to make me angry as more problems occur ill still keep it and work it 4 race stylz but if i was to buy an au stock are they good cars or do they need work.
How easy are they to work with and are they good enough to make me sell my eb and make it my daily drivin car and race car
give me your thoughts about the au
Nicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2003, 02:46   #2 (permalink)

The AU was where ok but i wouldn't but anything below 99. Because there where afew bugs with the first ones.

I would ether go all the way with a BA or down to a EL before i got a standard AU.

If you want one with sports supention, ABS, LSD i would look for an Emergence services AU forta.
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:22   #3 (permalink)
Fairmont Ed

nah i like the aus and the el isnt that miuch more better than my ed whats the point i wanna go all d way but the ba's are not cheap so ill wait n just get a ba falcon in afew yrs time since the au's are not worth it my bros buyin a ba xr6 ill see how the new ba's are and if it blows me away ill get one soon
please guys give me your thoughts about the au's
Nicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:59   #4 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Nicksta i have an au xr6 im a fan so id reccomend one i havnt had any major problems (touch wood). I went with the xr because i dont like the big headlights on the stockies. only thing that gives me the s*#ts is no electric windows, but thats just me.

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 06:09   #5 (permalink)

The Au is the bargain buy of the decade and it is the nicest and most reliable Falcon built.Can not comment on the BA yet as it is to new.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:20   #6 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

BA kills the AU in terms of power, and the SSS shift on the autos is great!

BUT, you will get an 2000 model AU2 for less than half the price of a new BA. The government auctions are the way to go. My olds bought a Forte late last year (had 47000kms). It came with Cruise, auto, power front windows etc (everything but ABS). They then put a brand new Ford spoiler and aftermarket rims on it for less than the price it would have cost for a Futura (although the Futura does get ABS). They paid $15600 plus rego and stamp duty (all up around $16700 on the road). These cars sell at the local dealers for over $20k. Check out www.pickles.com.au for Auction times and places (and current stock).

At the same auction, Futuras were going for $18200, and XR6 HPs for around $24000.

As taximan said, these cars of the bargain buy of the decade.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech