Ford Forums banner

AU XR8 muffler Q

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  KenOath 
#1 ·
The rear muffler box is gone. I must say the car sounds just fabulous but how about if we just connect the pipe with no back muffler box at all! would that give the car a bit of grunt extra? and how loud will it be? is that sort of legal???
thanks every one.

#2 ·
AU XR8 MUFFLER

I OWN A AU XR8 FALCON.HAD BOTH MUFFLERS AND RESONATORS REMOVED AND THE PIPE WORK FROM THE CATS BACK REPLACED IN 2 1/2 INCH PIPE WITH LUKEY RACE MAGNUM MUFFLERS.THE RESULT A CAR THAT WAS MORE RESPONSIVE AND PUTS OUT THE MOST THUNDEROUS NOTE THIS SIDE OF A FORD V8 SUPERCAR...... HAD PLENTY OF COMMENTS FROM MANY ADMIRES...

LONG LIVE FORD V8'S... YEEEHAAAA

#3 ·
welcome aboard.

Did you have any comments from the boys in blue?haha.

Ok, I think we'll go that option, how much in average does it cost?Australia Best said they can replace the rear one(s) for $280. But It was too quiet when the muffler were ok. We lowered the car so bad I know the back muffler will be destroyed soon anyways.

I was just considering just the original pipe only! I like the original double exhaust it tells the Holden boys they've been smoked by a stock XR8:) love it. I don't want them to think it mus be supercharged.She's a stock beaty made by Tickford:s6:

#4 ·
AU MUFFLER

THE WHOLE JOB COST ME ABOUT $500 . AND THE BOYS IN BLUE HAVE NOT GOT HOLD OF ME YET. THE ONLY DOWNSIDE OF THIS SYSTEM FOR ME THAT IS IT IS A LITTLE BIT CRACKLY ON OVER RUN(BACKFIRES) BUT STILL TURNS HEADS ESPECIALLY THOSE HOLDEN BOYS IN THEIR SICK SOUNDING CHEVS THAT SOUND LIKE SOME SORT OF KITCHEN APPLIANCE..

#5 ·
The XR8's sound a lot better than the Gen 3 Chev V8 with a system on them. However, a dual 2-1/2" is too big for the Ford and it loses off the mark power. We ended up putting an "X" pipe in one to give it some backpressure and it picked up a heap of power and torque while retaining the awesome sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.