AU1 Grill Blocking Air Intake - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2002, 12:59   #1 (permalink)

Question AU1 Grill Blocking Air Intake

Has anyone checked to see if the top bar of the AU1 grill impedes the air intake. I've noticed that the space between the bonnet and the top bar of the grill is very narrow........so narrow that I'm thinking of modifying the grill to accomodate greater airflow........any thoughts
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2002, 21:54   #2 (permalink)
longjohn1

how are you Roger,
i have a xr6 au 1 i changed the snokel from the t-series v8 and built a custom pick up plate to force air into the snokel big improvement straight away the plate idea came from ssinduction web site,i used a peice of stainless steel metal a cut it to shape ,make sure you disconnect battery and wait 1/2 hour to reset computer after doing work on intake,helps reset computer maps.
Old 03-14-2002, 21:10   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

The air intake for your car is fine, you don't have to worry about it.

If you do have doubts, I agree with LongJohn1. Do what we did and buy a T series snorkle, they are $27 at your Ford dealer. They are larger than the 6 or 8 intake and have the Tickford wings on them. It will fit on exactly the same as your present intake.
Old 03-17-2002, 20:23   #4 (permalink)

I have the larger snorkle on it....................thats not the issue............the issue is the gap between the bonnet and the top fin of the grill...there is about half a centimeter between them........i would imagne the total area of space between the grill and the bonnet is less the the size of the snorkle opening
Old 03-19-2002, 17:05   #5 (permalink)
No pain, no gain!

Bump - I'm interested in this question too.
Pseudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 17:22   #6 (permalink)
SM

Intake

Guys, if you have a look at the www.ssinductions.com they have a product which seems to address this problem. I'm currently making up a couple to show everyone on here. If people are interested I'll make up a pile and charge $12.50 (this includes postage). Stay tuned.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:18   #7 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Goes to show how overpriced ssinductions are. As I said earlier $27 gets you the larger T-Series intake, and a piece of bent sheet metal from XR8Sam saves you $350.
Old 03-20-2002, 05:50   #8 (permalink)
No pain, no gain!

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8SAM
I'm currently making up a couple to show everyone on here. If people are interested I'll make up a pile and charge $12.50 (this includes postage). Stay tuned.
Sounds good, and I hope you've got pics!
Pseudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 06:58   #9 (permalink)
1 bad 302

Re: Intake

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8SAM
Guys, if you have a look at the www.ssinductions.com
Would not load. Works ok if you add ".au"
It states "EF - AU", though i would have thought they would be totally different even if they use the same "after" picture on both models.

Jon
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 13:03   #10 (permalink)
SM

Sorry guys, forgot the .au. I've put the intake plate on the Ute, pics will be up about 10am (gotta get to work first).
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech