Ford Forums banner

AU2 boot condensation HELP

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  batbo6 
#1 ·
I've been getting wet carpet around to black plate that covers the fuel sender/pump access hatch and wondering if anyone else can shed light as to why this is happening. I have the black Ford boot protector/liner-would this be casuing the carpet to sweat. HELP

#2 ·
Have had a similar problem and would appear it relates to the tail lights in the AU2's. Have had my XR since June and had both tail lights replaced in that time to correct this problem (under warrantly of course!!) Would appear they are having a problem with the sealant in the tail lights no covering the whole lens and hence water leaks in!!

#3 ·
sjwau2xr6 said:
I've been getting wet carpet around to black plate that covers the fuel sender/pump access hatch and wondering if anyone else can shed light as to why this is happening. I have the black Ford boot protector/liner-would this be casuing the carpet to sweat. HELP
Have a look near the bottom of the rear window, each side of the car there is a strip of bitumen (painted ) used to seal the gaps during production. Sometimes at the top end of the bitumen strip, there is a gap where it hasnt quite sealed. Water can enter the boot through this gap.
Dealer should fix under warranty, but it really only needs some body sealer, or neutral cure silicone (dont use acetic cure (smells like vinegar) because it promotes corrosion)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.