AU2 side mirror price?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2002, 04:37   #1 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

AU2 side mirror price??

g'day guys and gals,

I just smashed the left hand side mirror on my AU2 :fmad: does anyone know how much im looking at to replace it??

cheers

an angry
steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2002, 05:06   #2 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

Hmmm I'm guessing the most expensive part is getting it colour coded again. Ozeparts (http://www.ozeparts.com.au/) has the price of a new mirror for $132 which is new and genuine - I would presume that they don't come colour coded :-(

Cheers,
Steve
Old 06-29-2002, 05:21   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

hey mate,
I havent wrecked the whole mirror, just the glass part...

cheers

steve
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
Old 06-29-2002, 05:38   #4 (permalink)
Australian EL Wagon Member

Hi Steve (U legend!)

*Why yes I know* - Sorry couldn't resist hehe. Best bet would be call your local Ford dealer and see what they can do for ya. Maybe source a wrecker and replace the whole thing perhaps ???

Cheers,
Steve
Old 06-29-2002, 05:47   #5 (permalink)
Repo

Quote:
Originally posted by younggun
hey mate,
I havent wrecked the whole mirror, just the glass part...

cheers

steve

Go to your local glass shop...here in perth we charge 20 dollows to cut a new mirror....if it was me doing the job i would cut it for you spot on beeing a ford owner myself....

where in adelaide are you i use to work in a couple of shops over there ?
Old 06-29-2002, 06:08   #6 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

G'day repo,
im in golden grove, but i can obviously travel, if you could let me know of some one who could do me a good price it would be great, i am so mad!! I really didnt need to be paying for this right now!! I have enough things to pay off of the car!

cheers

steve
Old 06-29-2002, 06:28   #7 (permalink)
Repo

humm I use to work at Beach glass look them up....the boss is Ken a good bloke....

Tell him Andrew from perth sent you there he should look after ya.
Hope he rembers his workers was 2 years ago now.

Golden grove i have done work at that house on the beach that has its own boat ramp I think or beach by memory.....

big white house

any way good luck mate
Old 06-29-2002, 06:41   #8 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

thanks repo,

I will try to give them a call on monday, do i have to have one of them, "objects in mirror are closer then they appear" mirrors??

Are they extra?

cheers

steve
Old 06-29-2002, 07:01   #9 (permalink)
Repo

thats a convex mirror that you will have to buy from ford im soory...
they will only be able to supply you with a flate mirror .....but it will be cheaper than ford
Old 06-29-2002, 07:07   #10 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

do you actually need one of the convex ones legally or will a flat one like the right hand side do??

cheers

steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech