Ford Forums banner

AUII Cruise Control Problem

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cortinagt 
#1 ·
I've had an issue with my cruise control which my dealer who performed the cooling sstem recall and fixed a couple of other warranty issues on Saturday did not manage to find.

Basically, the cruise runs fine - for while. After a period of time, the cruise begins to play up, and the cars begins to surge/back off repeatedly - like being on cruise, off cruise, on, off, etc. This gets bloody annoying, and the cruise has to be turned off. It'll return to normal if you turn it back on some time later, but it'll revert back to problem-mode again...

The problem took some time to surface, as the cruise was originally perfect. It first surfaced on a long Syd->Melb trip. The period of time it takes for the cruise to play up has gotten shorter, where it'll now play up between Lara and Melbourne.

I didn't really expect the dealer mechanics to even notice the problem when they only took it for a 10k fang, but I thought perhaps there computer might have picked up a fault code or something.

Anyhow, has anyone has a similar issue with their cruise, and what was the solution?

cheers

Mark

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry i can't help you there Mark, but this surging of the cruise, what happens when you use the + or - button, does the speed increase in the usual 2km/h increments?

Might help you diagnose if it's a mechanical problem(ie. cruise cable or electronic).

So far mines ok (touch's wood). But's she's only done 36,000km.

#5 ·
Hey i use that stretch of road and havnt seen you yet Venom what time you usually crusing up and down there. Also my AU has not had any troubles with Cruise as yet but i have had something weird happen with speedo the other day i was waiting at lights and it shot up to 80 then back down very weird.

Steve B

#6 ·
I've had the occasional surge, disengaged cruise control and reengaged only to find it does it again.

It seems to be more noticeable on uphill/downhill gradients I've found so far. I noticed this going back up Mt Ousley after the 3FB Wollongong Cruise. It drops off 5 k then gets its act back together again.

I'll usually leave cruise control disengaged for a short while, say 5 minutes and then reengage, usually no further problems afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.