AUII Forte Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2003, 15:56   #1 (permalink)
joenancarrow

frown AUII Forte Problems

Hi,

I'm a first timer here.

In Jan 2002 I bought my AUII Forte from John McGrath Ford in Canberra.
It was exactly 18 months old at the time. In the 18 months since I bought it here's the problems I've had.

- Leaking Windshield into left hand kick panel - FIXED
- Reseal Front Left-Hand door - FIXED (induced by repairs to the above)
- High Pitched squealing under turning - FIXED*2 (Handbrake)
- Blown Stereo speaker - FIXED
- Leaking Radiatior fluid (crap hose clamps) - Fixed once, now happening again.
- Knocking sound under steering - It's going in for this.
- Oil leak from front of engine (timing cover?) - It's going in for this.

My question is - What would you guys do with this car? Keep it and keep getting serviced at the Dealer for the extended warranty? Or get of rid of it alltogether?

Cheers,

JN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2003, 16:14   #2 (permalink)
gone

Welcome to the forums

I dare say it had a hard 18 months to start with, but at least these items are getting fixed, might b best to leave the car with them to ensure that everything is done at once.

Really depends on your budget, but personally a New car is always the way to go specially with 3 year warranty!

cheers
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 14:18   #3 (permalink)
fpv pursuit no 255

auII forte

quote/My question is - What would you guys do with this car? Keep it and keep getting serviced at the Dealer for the extended warranty? Or get of rid of it alltogether?
joeancarrow this extended warranty? is it a ford warranty or is it the selling dealers own warranty eg;get it serviced here/we fix it here?.when i bought my au ll xr8 ute the dealer offered me a extended warranty as long as the services were done at their workshop at $175 every 6 months.the service basically was a oil and filter change.i am sure that u can take your forte for servicing to anyone u prefer as long as they use ford parts.for warranty work take it back to the selling dealer.
fpv pursuit no 255 lightning strike with leather,prem sound and no stripes, thanks to my wife mrs forte au2 . winner of the LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELLED award all ford day albury-wodonga 2004 and maybe 2005 " my name is marcos ambrose i'm talented and i'm fast i'm here to claim victory i won't be coming last i'm am the devil racer and i am #1 so buckle up and brace yourself cause there's plenty more to come"
xr8 utey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 19:48   #4 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

What to do is get the car NRMA 'End-of-Warranty' inspected. Should cost around $150. This will pick up anything wrong with the car, which you then get fixed under New car Warranty.

If the extended warranty is the Harrier warranty, it is not worth the paper it's written on. We have one on our AU1XR6 and have had a few things go wrong with it - not one of them covered by warranty, but we would have had some chance under new car warranty - eg rusted rear muffler.

Keep the car if the NRMA inspection says it's in overall good or excellent condition. Otherwise, sell it and buy a replacement at the auctions (you can get one now for around $14k).

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech