AUII Noisy Front End - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2003, 05:11   #1 (permalink)

AUII Noisy Front End

Hi Guys,

Have posted about this before. My Futura Wagon has a clunking sound from the front end as i cruise along slowly especially over slightly bumpy roads. I only notice it on dry warm days. Have had the car to Ford many times and have had the steering rack replaced and numerous components tightened, they say its not the ball joints or sway bars. Every time i get the car back its ok for a day then it comes back. Can anyone guess what the problem is im getting the !@#$ having to take it back all the time.

Thanks in advance.
bigmanswagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2003, 17:21   #2 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Its got to be the ball joints, Mine does it aswell after its hot. Slight clunking you can feel it thru the floor up to you feet. They re tightened my steering rack, re lubed balljoints and it felt great for about 3 weeks then it was back again. Can somebody else help on this im sure they were making a new Balljoint was this made and now used by ford any help greatly appreicated.

Steve B
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 00:13   #3 (permalink)

dads AU2 does something similar - i drive it 2-3 times a week and whenever you back out of a driveway (not necessarily over a bump) or are driving slow while turning u can hear clunks from the front end.

ford have done the ball joints twice and checked everything but still cant figure it out.. in fact the guys who looked at it couldnt get it to do it.
natho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:21   #4 (permalink)

A revised lubricant was released along with a special tool to dealers so ball joints can be lubed, replacing the ball joints won't always fix the problem. Ask your dealer if the ball joints were lubed or replaced, they should have a yellow mark painted near them if they were lubed.
SPALDING GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 08:54   #5 (permalink)
Driver of a BA XR8!

Change your Sway Bar bushes. These often go in the AU's and can cause clunking sounds and feeling.

"Give me any task to do, and I will find something else to do in it's place." Plato - a definition of procrastination
maco65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:26   #6 (permalink)

au11 front end noise

replace ball joints with au111 units, this will fix your
problem.
ghanrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech