Australian Ford Performance Catalogue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2001, 05:42   #1 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

Read Australian Ford Performance Catalogue

What are peoples thoughts in regard to Ford Aus. releasing an "Annual" performance parts catalogue, listing all Australian supported goodies, similar to what they do in the US. These catalogues could provide a "breeding" ground for streetcar / racer types, who want to fly the BLUE OVAL, as well as showing that for the purist there IS an alternative to shopping elsewhere. This concept shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish considering the interchangeability of some of the Ford parts from the US/Europe - Aus markets. This would be a perfect opportunity for the "Ford merchandising" people.If the price was right I'd most certainly have to add one to my collection of Ford Bibles.
The most important thing is that the catalogue requires REAL AUSSIE content, (ie Tickford), as well as an organised merchandising approach from the Ford teams (They support/sell Ford, so why not support them in return)
What other content do people suggest?
Wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2001, 06:21   #2 (permalink)
GTHO4

I think it would be a great idea beats trying to figure out the currency conversion and freight costs when buying parts from the US.
Buying from local manufacturers can only benefit all of us as the prices will stay reasonable especially when the Aussie dollar is crap.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:50   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Plus it might create a few jobs here and there.. :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 06:53   #4 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Fantastic idea, and is just the thing that can help with the image problem at the moment.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
BSR Field Agent

cool

Great Idea!!!!!

But would Ford Australia do it...

Remember Ford is in business to sell "Ford" parts. Most of the real performance parts are not manufactured by Ford. i.e. Non Ford Genuine parts. I really don't see them offering to sell or advertise parts for other manufactures.

However for "Ford" Genuine Parts I am sure they could do something....

Nipper...
Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 05:10   #6 (permalink)
GTHO4

Maybe Ford and Tickford should bring out their own performance parts catalogue and/or have performance shops/dealers selling those parts like Ford Racing in the US does.
Old 06-06-2001, 05:50   #7 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

The whole idea behind this concept is to advertise goodies created BY ford FOR fords.Anyone who doubts that ford produces some serious equipment needs to take a look in the Ford Motorsports Catalogue from the US. This is the type of content I was hinting at. Things like cold air intake systems, Gearbox upgrade goodies, Brake packages, Suspension packages(like the tickford suspension kits that I can remember being advertised somewhere quite reasonably - why shop elsewhere if you can upgrade your car with factory supplied goodies - shouldn't void manufacturers warranty either)
What other content would you guys request? Crate engines perhaps? Upgraded Clutches???
Wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 19:08   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Where can you get one of the Yank dogalogues? (sorry, hate cats).

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 03:54   #9 (permalink)
BSR Field Agent

eek

Sorry Wulos, I miss understood I thought you meant any add on performance parts. I'm with you, Ford do have some sh#t hot add ons.

Bring on the Cattle Dog.... I'll buy it!!!!

Nipper......
Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:09   #10 (permalink)

Definitely a good idea Wulos.
It'd be easy then to hot up our engines without the running around normally associated with building one. I remember seeing a Ford Motorsport catalogue a few years ago, full of anything and everything you could think of to make our blue oval engines sing.
Rastus.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech