Ford Forums banner

AV gas in QLD

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ch7472 
#1 ·
whos using av gas these days, i cant find anyone to sell it anymore, tried ray at archerfild ariport, use to get from matilda servo, not any more... help please.

#2 ·
A mate has been whingeing to me about this recently. I think the Caboolture Airfield has cracked down on supplying AvGas for cars too. He's spewing because his XC 351 won't run on anything else.

Isn't there some sort of permit you can get from CAMS that allows you to buy it?

#5 ·
RE avgas to by it you need to get a leaded fuels pass book you can get one from the Australian Historic Motoring Federation Inc in Canderra(ph: 041 9249 109) But you have to bee a member of an affiliated club.In Queensland it is the Queensland Combined Council of Historic Vehicle clubs. I hope that has helped.

#6 ·
all i know is that it is illegal for street use and can only be brought if you have a permit and a reason for using it... apparaently it smells 'sweet' when a car is running on it, i wanna smell some :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.