Ford Forums banner

BA injectors

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  FordTech65 
#1 ·
A friend of mine asked me to find out what injectors (model no.) on the BA NA and Turbo sixes...

"after some testing on the weekend, i discovered why the car won't rev past 5600 rpm. i'm running out of fuel !!!! I'm currently running the bosch '706 injectors (from vn grp A). At normal fuel pressure (2.5bar) they should be good for around 200kW, I was going to get more out of them by running them at 3.3bar, but it now appears even that won't be enough if i want to go to 8000rpm. So i need bigger injectors :( "

Can anyone help?

#2 ·
Tell him to find a set of injectors out of a late model Rx7, they will flow enough.
What car are we talking about here anyway?

#4 ·
Wrong type of injectors they changed from A.U on..

#7 ·
Kappie,
I was just thinking that maybe the Boss V8 injectors would suit your needs.They have a flow rate of 246gm/min@4.0bar fuel pressure.Dont know the part number but could get it .

#10 ·
the injectors are at 95% duty cycle at 5800rpm. clearly, an injector with much better flow is required if it's to go to 8000rpm. the boss v8 injectors aren't that much better than what my mate currently has. OTOH, rx4/rx5 injectors flow too much (550cc/min) and will be difficult to get a smooth idle .... apparently, the BA I6 injectors have the flow he's after so all he needs is a part number .... anyone know what it is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.