Ford Forums banner

BA XR instrument cluster

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  am_bad 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if the instrumnet clusters from BA XR series are fitted with hight intensity LED's. if so are these blue LED's or do they get their colour from filters in the cluster.

I was thinking of fitting these into my AU cluster as i think they look great on the XR's and want to try replicate the effect on mine.

I recently fitted blue covers over the globes, but it is not very bright and its very hard to see the needles at night.

I will contact ford to find out how much the BA globes will cost as well as the bulb holders. If i have any luck i will post cost and part numbers.

#2 ·
If I remember correctly from the launch of the car, I'm sure the articles said that the dash in the Falcon was using new LED light technology throughout the dash, which was how they got the different lighting effects for the different spec levels.

Cheers
Jason

#3 ·
I contacted ford - they weren't very sure if they are led's all they could tell me was that they are "special globes"

i will pick some up in the weekend and see how they go. they cost $3 per bulb with the bulb holder attached.

I will find out then if they get their colour from the globes or from the cluster.

#5 ·
Unfortunately this mod will need to be put on hold. I contacted a City ford as it is close to work and i could not wait till the weekend to pick up the parts, and they advised that they could not find the part i was looking for.

I told them i just spoke to strapp ford and they had the parts, they insisted that as far as they could tell it was a sealed unit, when i questioned what would happened if one of the globes burnt, how could i change them, they asked me to get the part numbers.

I called strapp ford again and asked for the part number and explained the conversation i just had with city ford when the bloke decided to tell me that when i spoke to him the previous day he was quoting me tha AU part prices as they did not have any for the BA yet.

So will need to wait until these become available in the near future to find the outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.