Bagged? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2002, 18:22   #1 (permalink)

Bagged?

Anyone here bagged the arse end of their car? I'm thinking of getting my XE done to reach new lows!

http://www.hoon.tk
Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Mazda 626 Faded Blue 2L IL4 NA Diesel!
Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2002, 19:34   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

hahah well if you are interested I am a dealer for airride and several other manufaturers.

Let me know. I have bagged a Truck and an impala here in the states. Have seen countless others.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 19:40   #3 (permalink)

John, how much and how hard is it to fit? Not looking to do it to my current car, but definately will when I (one day) get my Impala.
I know of a place that does it here, but might be able to get if cheaper through you? Also, I was looking through another post where you said send you money and you'll organise for a car to be shipped here. I started thinking that maybe we can talk about you sending a 65 Impala my way, if not then a 69 Impala 2 door with the air setup. Can you tell me how much I could find a pretty good Impala 65-69 for over there?
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 16:04   #4 (permalink)

Struth, gettin gear sent over from the states?!?! That's gonna cost a packet! Main reason why I'm baggin is that I wanna fit these:

Ain't nothin like a giant set of fats on a lowered car. In case your wondering, they are 305s there...I'm sick of 265s on the car, so I wanna minitub and slam it.

Sweet.

Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Old 09-17-2002, 18:04   #5 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

ok bagging a car to get 305's on it makes no sense.

But what am i to question the mentality of folks on here.

Also, just because i am in the US does not mean i dont have facilities in AU to reduce the costs.

As far as cost. they vary with what you want. If you want to pancake, side to side, three wheel, and front and back look at around 1200 and up. The up part is going to be speed. The faster you go and does those manuvers the more it will cost.

As far as the cost of the car. I can do some searching if you want. Think it can wait until after i get back though?
Old 09-17-2002, 18:17   #6 (permalink)

I'm bagging the car just to go up and down as well!!! But to fit those tyres, the car has to sit a bit higher than usual, so I wanted a simple way of adjusting. As I needed to rebuild the suspension anyway, just splash out an extra 500 bucks to make it do it with a flick of a switch.

I'm planning to do it in two weeks time, with the front getting done in Janurary. The bloke I was talking to said it was going to cost approx $1500 to do the rear with 1/2 inch lines, pump and whatever else to make it move.

Old 09-17-2002, 18:27   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS

As far as the cost of the car. I can do some searching if you want. Think it can wait until after i get back though?
Yep no worries. I'm not in a hurry, but I've looked around here, and their either too much 'cos the owner has spend $$$$$ on it, or they are too shit. I want just the standard car in good condition. I'll slowly get it to where I want. So yeah if you can just research some prices for me that'd be appreciated. Thanks.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 18:45   #8 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoon
I'm bagging the car just to go up and down as well!!! But to fit those tyres, the car has to sit a bit higher than usual, so I wanted a simple way of adjusting. As I needed to rebuild the suspension anyway, just splash out an extra 500 bucks to make it do it with a flick of a switch.

I'm planning to do it in two weeks time, with the front getting done in Janurary. The bloke I was talking to said it was going to cost approx $1500 to do the rear with 1/2 inch lines, pump and whatever else to make it move.
personally i would just put bags in your springs. Hell i did that on the Impala and on the Brand National. Lifts up the rear and tightens it up so that both rear wheels are planted when you go off the line. Got to love torque!

and 1500AU is a little high for just a rear set up with the hardware that you are talking. You will need lines, pump, electronics and canister. would assume that you are going to have a slower setup. If so then you can get away with smaller lines. Just heads up though. I have only seen two bagged cars....and when i say bagged i am talking dropping the frame drag race. Both of them had a hard time just keeping up the entire length of the track.
Old 09-17-2002, 18:53   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

costs for me to sell the parts that you would need if you have a leaf set up is 620USD. If not a leaf i would have to know what suspension setup you are looking to do this for.
Old 09-17-2002, 20:52   #10 (permalink)

Well, I got a spring rear end, and as before, I'm just interested in going up and down, nothing fancy. The guy that quoted me was going to replace my spring with a bag...that sound about right? Also, yep, all that gear, lines, compressor and canister was included with a hookup to the front so I can adjust while sitting in the driver seat.

The setup I'm also looking out for is one that the whole rear goes up at one time, so the equal pressure goes to each side, thus hopefully making the car go up on a even angle. I also want the 1/2 inch lines to make it go a bit faster than normal. I really don't want to sit there and wait!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech