bassy - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2002, 01:42   #1 (permalink)
ben

bassy

dude, whats your fulltime occupation.

just wondering where you get all this money to make your EA so hot. I cant justify spending money on my car because it works and theres just too many other more important things.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2002, 09:52   #2 (permalink)
94ED

ben would rather spend money on spandex clothes and tight laytex shorts!

paul
Old 03-01-2002, 10:08   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Well Bassy has been getting into that too I believe... :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:38   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

He don't have no money after this week...

Check out his agenda :p

*Fit New Sunroof
*Kill Sundeep
*Buy Uzis and other weaponry
*Kill Sundeep
*Fill up petrol tank
*Pay Sundeep a visit

Sundeep
geocities.com/eafords
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:45   #5 (permalink)
AcidBurns

Re: ..

hehe, I wanna see those Stockings on Friday Bassy!
Old 03-01-2002, 13:57   #6 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

LOL... I'm having trouble finding them in my size Acid. Can you recommend any of the people you usually buy them off to me as the might stock my size. Any help appreciated.

Ben, I am a 20 year old student. I am employed casually, but over my school holidays I work my butt off.
Thatís about it dude.
Old 03-01-2002, 22:20   #7 (permalink)
ben

nothing wrong with some hard work for a fun toy.

knock yaself out eh, helps ya get motivated to study IMHO

ben
Old 03-02-2002, 14:14   #8 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

right on

Yep right on ben.

After spending my school holiday months doing a little tough labor, I am always eager and motivated to return to school and aim to get myself a good job in the future.
I only spend spare $$$ on the EA because I like financial security, unlike some who spend all they have on there car.

I'm happy with what I have, and how I live, so in my opinion, that makes me a lucky person.

Cheers.
Old 03-02-2002, 22:28   #9 (permalink)
ben

Re: right on

bass u also gotta remember your EA compared to some at drag and dB meets may not be the absolute EA GT of the century

but its immac condition, perfect an A1 mechanical, very done up, and extremely fast. as for the audio system, you can plug in any CD and get an amazing and close-to-studio reproduced sound exactly as the mood was intended at time of recording, better than 99% of other car owners.

I think to spend much more on your car goes beyond a "nice travel utility" into a car fenatic, in which case u may as well give up your life because enough will never be enough when it comes to cars.

just offering a perspective.....The goal for my EA is to get rid of sqeaks, fix door seals, and power steering (if thats where my leak is coming from), and get new back tyres, service transmission, and rid the high speed "roughness". This will take me a couple thousand and since it works i really have no plans to start cancelling formal dinners and the works to do up my car all in one go. because then ill just be stuck.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:08   #10 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Re: right on

LOL..thanks for that one ben.

No matter what you do to a car, there will always be someone who has gone that little step further, and thats why I have modified my car to they way I like it, and not so it is some sort of full on show car, because it is without a doubt far from that standard.

A few of my mates own all out show cars and I can tell you that the EA is a shit heap compared to them, however, I like being able to take a girl out to dinner with my car and be able actually park the thing somewhere.

It's basically meant to be a daily driver, I am actually happy with how it looks, and I don't plan on making any changes to that(Wheels will be staying). I am also content with my audio system and can quite confidently say that it will not receive any more upgrades.
As for the performance mods, I'd say that there pretty much done as well (Might receive a few small things for fine tuning issues). I am happy with how it goes, especially since it has more 'GO' then cars worth 3 times as much, but more importantly, it is a joy to drive and dirt cheap to run.

Ben, I know that you are a man of smooth acceleration and idle, soft suspension, and good highway cruising ability and if you work toward the goal you set, and not what others tell you, then you will enjoy your car even more.

Well thatís enough preaching from me for now :)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech