Ford Forums banner

Bedroom mods

4K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  davway 
#1 ·
My bedroom is in major need of a respray, but until I get around to arranging that, I have added some rice mods.

I recently replaced my car's front speakers, and as a joke I decided to try conneting the old ones to my home amp. I found that to my surprise, I got the best sound when conneting the front and rear speakers to the same terminals (it's a squeeze, but the cables fit) rather than using Dolby Pro Logic mode.

Anyway, the result looks like crap, but the sound is quite reasonable. I find that even ordinary rear speakers add tremendous depth to the sound. Most recently, I have installed a Dominator speaker grille.

Other mods I have considered include colour coding my room's door handle - though I found that I cannot justify mods like electric windows, tinted or double glazed glass or anything else too fancy. I'd rather save to move out!

See less See more
#3 ·
The Dominator speaker cover actually was from Techno Boy's father's (aka the Economan) now deceased '81 Econovan, which eventually got replaced with an AU Forte when it died. The EA front speakers aren't particularly pretty but they do the job - but thanks to the Dominator grille, my room's audio system can have style and power (or something).

But don't despair! Dominator products are readily available from Autobarn. Though actually last time I checked, I couldn't find many...

#8 ·
cool. i couldnt be stuffed looking at how i did it last time... HEH!

note:

at this point, id overdriven this thing until it smoked. for a $40 sub it made a scarry amount of noise! eventually it stopped working, so i removed the dust cap and PUNCHED the sub to free up the burnt out coil. the sub worked again. i drove it again with it making all sorts of shit noises until it wouldnt go at all, then took it out and smashed it around a bit...

best $40 i ever spent.

#11 ·
Whoa what's that? Looks like a guitar amp that's had too much MacDonalds.

Good to see I'm not the only one with a stock standard bedroom...

G
#13 ·
Re: re: bedroom mods

I used to have a 12" JLW0 car sub in my room behind my couch. It was connected to a baby audioline amp which got it's power from a 10 amp power supply. Sounded surprisingly good.

One of my mates connected four 12inch jaycar response subs, four 12inch JLWO's and two sets of focal utopia splits running off three V12 amps and one Nakamitchi amp, all connected to his computer in his room. He had 3 marine batteries powering it all. He blew a fuse in a few seconds but managed to crack his wall! This is no bullsh!t he really did this.

G
#15 ·
Re: re: bedroom mods

In answer to your questions we were bored one day so we just wanted to see how eight subs would sound like, so he had everything temporarily on his bed and on the floor.

He owned four of the jaycars (cheap ones) and two of the WO's. The other two we borrowed off a friend. As for the amps, batteries and splits, never you mind!!!! ;) hehehe

#16 ·
/puts thread mining hat on

hahahaha :rofl:

Thought id dig it up and see how the mods are going
:s5
Im in need of inspiration

.. not sure how i came across this

#17 ·
Bah, a real thread miner has to mine and see how many people they can suck in before it's discovered!

#18 ·
none of the pics work....whats the go with that? do they stop working after so long or has the owner deleted them from their gallery or attachments list? ive noticed this abit with threads that are older.
AND I WANTED TO SEE THE PICS!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.