Ford Forums banner

The big miss

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ebxr8240 
G
#1 ·
I took my car to Ford and they checked it all over and told me the injectors needed cleaning. So I got them pulled out and cleaned (not by Ford) and the car had more power but the miss was still there. I took the car to the dyno shop and they found No. 4 spark plug lead (top gun 10mm)was faulty. One lead was changed and the miss was gone, so I took the 10mm leads back and the shop they rang top gun, they then told me you cann't doyn the car with 10mm top gun leads it gives fales readings so I gave them back and went out and bought a new set of leads(9mm Eagles) and changed them over but the miss is still there.

Any ideas?

Thanks Matthew
EL2 XR8:crazy1:

#2 ·
Ford U.S did have a recall on 87 to 93 Mustangs due to the 2Xten plug fittings became a high resistant joint.They put in another jumper to make the pins bigger & f.male smaller for better contact.It can be a problem here too.
It's the ten pin connectors behind the throttle body.Pull em appart spray with wd 40 then put back together..
{Kelli can you post email???}

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.