Blend Door Servo Motor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2002, 09:40   #1 (permalink)

Blend Door Servo Motor

Ok can someone tell me WTF is a Blend Door Servo Motor & where is it located in a EBII Fairmont V8. How much does the part cost, & how hard is it to change...etc. Will the EF or EL Blend Door Servo Motor fit in a EB. Is this a Climate Control Thing or can you find it on normal heaters/airconditioners...etc

Any help/info apreciated
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2002, 00:56   #2 (permalink)
large member

ive been through this my lesson was if theres no error code its not the motor try resetting push the off and foot heating buttons at the same time and see if a code comes up
ferrites 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 07:11   #3 (permalink)

I did that and the code that came up was E2 I think which is the blend door servo motor fault.
I8AHSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:41   #4 (permalink)
EB wagon

From the research ive done regarding the A/C conversion ive found that this thing is a combination of a motor and a variable resistor similar to that used on the TPS sensor. The variable resistor tells the climate computer what degree of opening the flap is at and can adjust the motor accordingly. Ive been told on the forum that its located onto of the heater box towards the center console. Maybe yers is stuck or the wiring is disconnected?

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 23:55   #5 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

dahs out to change, pain in the butt....
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 18:50   #6 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Oh, I thought it was mounted behind the grill next to the clock???

Must be a different thing :)
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 08:00   #7 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Need some.......

Its located behind the dash, its sits on top of the heater case and the dash has to be removed to gain access.Its the motor that controls the flap allowing heat from the heater core to entre the cabin.The EF and EL are the same as EA to ED.There are two ways of doing it dash out as well as heater box or cut fire wall insulation on the inside after the dash is out of course and using a mini 90 degree screwdriver to undo the 4 screws as you have bucklys of undoing the rivets.This one is best left to the pros as its about a 2-3 hour job depending on which way you go.Blend door motors are about $200 I think a remanafactured unit might be better.Labour about $150 -$200.So about $400 all up.

Hop this helps.

Cya Lukey.
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 23:43   #8 (permalink)
EB wagon

Hey lukey, mine was $25 from the wreckers! :D

Brent
Old 06-30-2002, 05:05   #9 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Yep

Hey Brent that was a good price but I would be worried about it stuffing up again and you really don't want to remove the dash just to replace the Blend door motor.At least with a new or reco you get 12th warranty to back you up.Just a thought.How is the new conversion going? Noticed any difference in temp??

Cya Lukey.
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 15:28   #10 (permalink)
EB wagon

Lukey, it took me near and hour too pull it from the wrecked EA.
I couldnt get the dash all the way out coz some wank had bent one of the threads holding the dash to the firewall. I eventually had to get some long nosed pliers and break the bracket rivets from the heater case. The motor looks like new and operates smoothly :) My climate control is working fine... it doesnt stabalize quickly tho coz ive got some parts missing (solar & engine sensors and also the sniffer motor) but unless you have a thermometer then you wouldnt notice it. My A/C compressor still comes on with the ECON button pressed tho ?!?! Its not on all the time but it does come on then temp is 28+ degrees?!
Another problem i have is the bloody blower fan! When i go over a bump it starts making a horrible vibrating noise. I think its not on its spindal properly. I couldnt see how to get to it tho! any ideas?

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech