boots and bonnets - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2002, 16:01   #1 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

boots and bonnets

Does anyone know if an EB or ED boot would fit straight on to my EA ? , its a gl and I want a Fairmont or XR boot and an EB bonnet fitted before it gets a respray..

GO the Fords
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2002, 16:21   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

yes I understand it will fit without any problems, because the bodies are identical.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 18:18   #3 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Yep, same thing.

ahh hell.. Why not go all out and convert the front to the EL XR front while your at it :)
Old 05-04-2002, 20:00   #4 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

custom low profile scoop

Ive seen that done Bass Crazy , but im not going that way , I like the EA/D front end but im playing around with some custom bonnet scoop designs , I want to make the front more aggressive without the "common hornet scoop" I want something lower and with a split dual nostril design , the EB GT scoop is good but mine will look like no other , I would like to know where i could get a sports type front air dam bumper ive seen em on this site so I know the can be had/made , MADEAS that ****ing brillant red EA sedan ( I dont know if its yours?) i saw on here has a low fat bumper where did it come from and how could i get one , the sony scorcher bodykit is another interesting option ,any comments or help welcomE.

Westkoast EA
Old 05-05-2002, 17:12   #5 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Be aware the early model EA came out with different boot hinges then the later model which is carried though to EL.The Early hinges are flatter piece of steel where as the later are RHS steel with black plastic caps on the ends of them.Just a small note.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 19:02   #6 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Yep, thats right. I got the FAT hinges. They still bolt onto the same palce, so it's all cool.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:06   #7 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

yep

Same as Bass , mine are the new ones so the EB bonnet will fit straight on , now all i have to do is get one.

Westkoast EA
Old 05-06-2002, 14:55   #8 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

bonnet

wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to change the grill. Dont they just unscrew and swap over?????
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 20:17   #9 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

bonnet

The EA has a has the indentation in the bonnet for the badge where as the EB does not.Swapping grilles will remove the badge but there will be this indent which will look abit funny.

CYA Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:12   #10 (permalink)

Hey westcoast

Nah man that aint my car, that kit was custom made for the turbo ea, is that the one your talking about. actually wait till sp33dy gets the pics uploaded from out meet and u will see another front bar that is drool worthy. Off one of the new guys that rocked up unexpectedley, similar car to mine (the white ea with the kit) but this is very chunky!

Madeas
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech