Bought my EAII Fairmont Ghia! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2002, 01:47   #1 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

Bought my EAII Fairmont Ghia!

Hey Guys,

Well I bought my Fairmont today for $4700. I got a trans service, new valve stem seals, full service, a new battery and rego transfer all included in the price.

The trans service fixed all the probs I posted before, except for the kickback issue. I mentioned before that the trans didn't kick back properly when the car was floored. From reading other posts, could this be the TPS? How much are they to buy and how hard are they to install?

P.S. Any one with Fairmont Ghia do's and don'ts, please let me know.
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2002, 02:32   #2 (permalink)

Check your front cover seal and tappet cover for oil leaks....also on the power steering switch if it leaks.....map sensors sometimes go wheels up ( black box on wire wall with vacuum lines on it) normally the idle hunts around when this goes.
keep an eye on front tyre wear as sometimes a castor camber kit is needed to allow excess wear to be adjusted out.
area between radiator and aircon condenser gets full of leaves and crap causing temp to rise..(hose out)..also ensure temp is not too low due to thermostat being open too long/early as the fuel usage goes through the roof.Keep an eye on water hoses for leakage as they compress over time...usually the (low coolant alarm tells you)
This was over 5yrs so all in all they are pretty damn reliable....never broken down as such.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:06   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Congrats matey! Don't forget to join the club :D

No real dos and don'ts - be good to the car and the car will return the favour... usually.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech

Related Reading: Bought my EAII Fairmont Ghia!