Ford Forums banner

Broken tooth on harmonic balancer, Please help ASAP

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dellboy999 
#1 ·
Just got a quick question, need to know ASAP

While taking the harmonic balancer off today, we accidentally broke off one of the teeth on the gear looking thing on the inside of the balancer (EF balancer btw).

The actual teeth itself are not important as it's going onto an EA and therefore I have no need for them, but my question is whether this will noticably throw the balance of the harmonic balalncer off?

Basically what I want to know is whether it's worth payin for another balancer or will the one I got now be OK.

I hope everyone knows what I'm talkin bout.

Thanx in advance :)

#4 ·
Were swapping the timing case to an EF one as the timing marks on the EA one don't align to the EF balancer.

Two alternators?? I wish hehe
READ CAREFULLY
Autometer Volt gauges x 2
110 amp EF alternator and serpentine belt system
It says I got two volt gauges, not two alternators...:D

#5 ·
the teeth in the middle wont be a big problem if you think of the centrifugal force of the thing spinning, but take a chunk out the outside and the problem is greatly amplified.

Just like standing in the middle of a wheel, then stand on the outside the forces are much greater so have a larger impact.

Dellboy999

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.