Brute coil locks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2003, 02:08   #1 (permalink)
Formally Thomas

Question Brute coil locks

Just curious as to whether anyone has ever used a set of Brute Coil Spring locks?

They are meant to lower or raise your car by somehow applying the locks on the spring then adjusting it.
I prefer a lowered set of springs but just curios if these locks work
MKII240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2003, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

They are basically spring tensioners....like the ones you use to change struts and/or springs etc....not sure if u can drive with them though....think they are more for looks....some guy on ebay sells them...
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Yes they do work, used a different one (from American Auto Spares) we lowered my brothers torana with them, but he had lowered springs already, so they had a fair amount of spring tension to start with. I would probably avoid them for stock springs. and they are a pain to get the right angles, so the bolts dont hit the springs, and also wouldnt recommend for hard driving and cornering.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 19:11   #4 (permalink)
Formally Thomas

Quote:
Originally posted by Dellboy999
Yes they do work, used a different one (from American Auto Spares) we lowered my brothers torana with them, but he had lowered springs already, so they had a fair amount of spring tension to start with. I would probably avoid them for stock springs. and they are a pain to get the right angles, so the bolts dont hit the springs, and also wouldnt recommend for hard driving and cornering.

Dellboy999
Yeah no worries.

I was curious if they could be used to stop the sagg of a car that has been lowered. i suppose it wont hurt and would help balance the car out a little
MKII240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

You could use them to raise the car, but just remeber they work by pushing the springs up, and only between one set of coils, so you basically stretch the sping in the middle, so I wouldnt use em to raise a car, only lower it if at all.

They work very basically like this, you have 1 set for each spring, you put them in opposite each other on a spring, they have bolts, nuts go on first then the bits to clamp onto the sping, then nuts on top to hold it together, same with the bottom half. Its then just a matter of winding em in, or winding em out, pending if you want to go higher, or lower.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech