Ford Forums banner

BTR Auto mods and Hi-Stall

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Its time to get my auto reconned, and have a few q's for you guys.. (its an I6)

1) TCE or Dominator torque converters, i am going to put a 2500rpm stall converter in, anyone here had any good / bad experiences with either of them, I think i remember reading somewhere someone had a TCE custom 9.5" hi stall.

2) Valve body mods, does anyone here know the exact valve body mods, or can point me to someone who knows what they are doing with these boxes, i know a few of you's have had them done, so feel free to email me contact details and description of what the auto is like.

Cheers...

#2 ·
have a 2200 from memory allfast converter cost was about $500
no problems yet auto standed for now no won over hear can trick
up the btr last time i checked all the clutchs bands are h/duty
all a rebuild mob over here was going to scuff up the bands crap.

no valve body mods all can be done electronicly by sending the
controler to get reprogramed booster servo /shift point change
had a gt one in for a while shifted lot harder thats the other option if you can find one.

#3 ·
G'day 9psi EB

Yeah I had the 9.5" stall fitted to the falcon. The stall was about 2700rpm the lowest he could make it for a 9.5" diametre. Haven't used it that much, car been of the road. The tranny runs hot. With the standard convertor the temp rarely moved above 90 fahrenheit with 2 15cmx20cm tranny coolers and now runs between 150-180 fahrenheit and when towing a sailing boat pushed 210 fahrenheit.

The box has also been fitted with a V8 external valve body to increase line pressure. It made the box shift very firmly . The boys at Figtree Automatics fitted it. You can also get the computer moded to increase line pressure.

#7 ·
EB SIX ON NO2 said:
i had my clutchs replaced with heavyduty ones and
solenoids changed for firmer shifts.

its got a really hard shift now, i'm very happy with it.

Hi buddy good to see you chime in once in a while!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.