BTR LE95,anyone build one ?hints or tips - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2002, 03:26   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up BTR LE95,anyone build one ?hints or tips

Just wondering if anyone has built there own btr 4 speed trans and any little tricks that might help out.I have built many c4's ,c6,s,fmx,turbo350 etc but never any of the electronic 4 speeds.I have pulled a couple old ones apart and made up special tools to compress the various clutch packs and a special mandrel to line up the front pump so tools are not an issue.
So far my research has led to definitely always replace the S5 solenoid,test the resistances on the others and replace as necessary,(the trans i'm doing had hard shifts and lost 2nd gear anyway) use a TAXI PACK for the rebuild since it has different or extra clutches,not sure exactly,find out tomorrow.I also believe it is fairly common for the drum for the front band to be worn away and need replacement.
I have done searches on here and seen mentioned about AU? valvebodys for firmer shifts .Are there any valvebody kits available for this upgrade or can the LE95 v.b be upgraded?..Any details will be much appeciated ..Thanks...
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech