c-max tailgate release failure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-08, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
c-max tailgate release failure

Can anyone help,

I have a 2004 Ford C-max 2.0 TDCi which i have owned for around 6 months. Genarlly i am pleased with the car but have been dissapointed with the lack of technical information in the hand book and the lack of repair manuals on the market for the cmax ( does the focus one apply). My problem is that the soft touch electronic tailgate (boot) relase switch stoped working yeaterday. Tech remote key will still open the boot. I can not find any info on the fuses or wiring relating to the door locks /swiches etc. Is there a fuse inside the tail gate or has the switch gone completely.?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 03:41 PM
Re: c-max tailgate release failure

same in my C-MAX LX, stopped working recently, remote release still works. I guess microswitch is broken. Any ideas how to get to this switch. I removed two screws holding a plastic panel on the tailgate but it still holds in place. Maybe switch needs cleaning ???
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts