Ford Forums banner

Caltex to introduce 98 Octane Fuel

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zbenga 
#1 ·
I recently returned from a trip to Sydney, having covered a good 3000km over 10 days and loving every minute. Fuel consumption was awesome, considering I'm stuck on Caltex Vortex 95 RON due to my Fuel Card limitations. I did notice however out Narellan way, behind Liverpool that a service station was advertising Vortex 98, which upon closer inspection turned out to be virtually identical to that offered by Shell and BP. It is aparrently being released first quarter next year, so there will now be 3 competitors in the market, which is only good for the consumer and considering I am stuck with Caltex, can now squeeze that extra little bit out of my car, or even just run every 3rd or 4th tank through with 98 RON. For those of us on Starcard, it's good news!!!!!

It seems to be hard to find at the moment, being trialled perhaps, but I'm certainly looking forward to it's release!!!

Taken from http://www.caltex.com.au/products_oil_detail.asp?id=322

"Vortex 98 has a minimum research octane number (RON) of 98 and is formulated to meet the exacting requirements of the latest engines as well as performance vehicles especially those with high-compression or turbo-charged engines.

Vortex 98 is also a high performance, deposit control premium unleaded petrol designed to clean up dirty fuel systems and intake valves as you drive. Vortex 98 helps your car perform at its best.

Vortex 98 contains a technologically-advanced ingredient, formulated to remove and prevent build-up of performance-robbing deposits from critical parts of your vehicle's fuel system. By keeping your fuel system clean, Vortex 98 helps engines operate efficiently.

Use the FAQs link above to find our more about Vortex 98 and its ability to remove deposits.

Vortex 98 has demonstrated an excellent ability to clean fuel systems and intake valves in a range of engine technologies available to customers. A series of engine, vehicle, and fleet tests were conducted to demonstrate this performance.

Vortex 98 is proven to restore power loss caused by the build-up of fuel system deposits. Cleaning a dirty fuel system helps improve combustion efficiency. Better combustion means better performance.

Vortex 98 is also a high density fuel. This means it provides more energy per litre of fuel when compared to conventional unleaded. Combined with the benefits of cleaning a dirty fuel system means more kilometres from a litre of Vortex 98.

Vortex 98 will be rolled out through the Sydney metropolitan area, with more than 50 stations to have Vortex 98 by the end of 2004. Vortex 98 will begin to appear in regional areas of NSW from early next year, with other states to follow in the medium term.

Silver and red signs will flag the availability of Vortex 98 at service stations.

Where can I get Vortex 98? Click here to find the Caltex outlets that have Vortex 98 near you.

See less See more
#7 ·
is this a true 98 octane fuel or just tarted up unleaded like the BP?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.