Ford Forums banner

CAM

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Black S 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I just wanted some insight on how long some of you think it would take an AU EEC-V take to adapt a new CAM. And would the car run well without a aftermarket chip to go with it?

Thanks

Will

#2 ·
Hi there Black s,
I had a Herrods cam, and full exhaust fitted a few months ago, and on the weekend i disconnected the battery to work on my stereo...
after reconnecting, and therefore resetting the computer, I was told to drive the car HARD for the weekend, to get the eecv to learn the optimised fuel delivery for the cam..so I spent the weekend fanging it around town

it took around 200ks for the computer to settle..
without a unichip, the idle will always be a little rough, it hunts a little bit, but it doesnt bother me, as i was told by herrods that when they developed the cam, if they tuned for smooth idling, they lost performance..so I can live with that.

#4 ·
It will settle in 100-200k's i have been told...

I have done at least this amount since resetting the computer last weekend...

I fanged it over the weekend, and racked up as many k's as i could whilst driving it hard, so it would optimise fuel and ignition curves whilst still learning
mine seems to have settled down, except when in reverse..the idle fluctuates up and down, and sometimes is causing the auto to clunk into reverse as when i change into reverse,..i guess the eecv has to learn each gear?..weird..

#6 ·
Hey Rob,

Nah me never!!

Hmm when I've got a whole weekend off. Would love to this weekend. Got a wedding on Sunday. A little too late to organise it for This Sat hey.

My next weekend off would be the 6/7th.. But Wedding to go to on the Sat. Otherwise I'd of gone down to Bathurst and watch the race..
Thinking may be the Creek on Oct 17th. Might have the whole day off.

Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.