Cam on order - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 11:19   #1 (permalink)
Professional P Plater

Cam on order

Ordered a Crow stage 2 cam off my mate at autobarn today! He will put the order thru on monday and i should have it in the car by the following week. I am stoked and can't wait to try the baby out!
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2003, 17:49   #2 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

you paying to get it fitted or you doing it yourself??
Old 02-15-2003, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

What it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 23:59   #4 (permalink)

Ive just put in an order for a mock cam DEV 5 soo it should be alot of fun once i get it
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:24   #5 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

awesome - i need to meet up with you peoples once you get the cams in to see how your cars go!!

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 15:00   #6 (permalink)

6pAc|30nG|00n:

How much is that if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-16-2003, 16:36   #7 (permalink)

Im just ordering parts as I live up north but I was looking at 2 cams the dev 3HL or DEV 5, since both cams are the same price im going the dev 5 plus running gear etc....

cam $490
Valve springs $220
Adjustable Gear $180

Plus shipping costs etc to my house
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 23:30   #8 (permalink)
Professional P Plater

hey 6pac, why u paying so much for valve springs? and i thuoght the vernier gear was only about $130. I rang ford today and they quoted me $6.75ea for XR6 valve springs, talked to my mate at autobarn, and they had the exact set of H.D crow valve springs in store. And massive bonus, cos they have been in store for over a year, he is going to beat the price ford gave me, Woohoo!. I think i have to get valve spring retainers and colletts as well tho cos they are a double spring.
Falkeen, i will probably pay to get it fitted as i'm not sure i could do the valve springs myself, so might aswell get someone to put the cam in when they do the springs. 6pac, that dev 5 cam should go bloody hard mate, prob beat the shite outta me too, and here i was thinking i would be cruising in a tough car with the crow cam. Ha you just put me to shame lol.
Old 02-16-2003, 23:31   #9 (permalink)
Professional P Plater

Rollin, would be happy to come around and show u sometime. U got your licence back yet?
Old 02-17-2003, 01:11   #10 (permalink)
EBII - Power and Glory

Hey Crodarian,

In regards to the Stage 2 Crow Cam, does it come with the HD valve springs or are they extra ??

Also is there anything else that you have to do to the ECU ??, or is it just a matter of fitting the Cam and away you go !!!!

Cheers,

Andrew
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech