Ford Forums banner

Can He Fix It?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  oz_orion 
#1 ·
I've recently put my new EA in for a Blue Slip (Roadworthiness Certificate for those of you outside NSW) as it hadn't previously been registered in NSW. The inspection report showed that the Power Steering pump needs to be replaced. I'm thinking it may be easier to pick one of these up from a wreckers.

Does anyone know what I'd expect to pay for this part from a wrecker and whether it's the sort of thing a layman could install themselves with a decent toolkit.

Thanks,

James

G
#2 ·
They are piss easy to install, so layman can definately do it with his/her tool kit... Not sure about picking one up at a wreckers though? May be better off looking for a power steering mob that reco them... :)

#5 ·
Thanks for your help, I picked up a reconditioned pump for $85 today (discounted because I picked up some other parts at the same time). I also picked up the Gregorys Technical Manual and tomorrow I'll start bashing my head against it to see if I can work out how to install the new pump.

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.