Can I get some help with setting the timing on my EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2002, 11:15   #1 (permalink)
charginv8

Can I get some help with setting the timing on my EA

Im having trouble identifying the input terminal on my EA cpi 3.9. The gregorys manual has a pic but its a little different to how mine looks and what looks to be the 6 pin output terminal in their pic is a 7 pin terminal on mine. Also how to earth the input terminal, do you have to remove the "loop" connector and earth one of the pins then available or do you just earth the whole thing without any change? I did try this (earthing by clipping a lead onto the green loop connector in the photo) and my earth lead got VERY hot very quick and the idle didnt increase as the manual says so I disconnected it.

www.homepages.ihug.com.au...20copy.jpg

link to pic of where my connectors should be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2002, 12:08   #2 (permalink)
jsantas

your connector

Have a look at the second diagram you posted. Should be the same. The ones you uses are incorrect. You might end up shorting something. The connector you are looking for should be in the same area as diagram b. Mine was tucked under the body work with a clip. Have a look for it it should be there. Their are 2 connectors one is the one you are looking for the other from what i recall hooks into a diagnostic computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech