Car bras - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 17:47   #1 (permalink)

Car bras

I am in need of a car bra for my car. I have spoken to Car Bras Australia or whatever their name is, and they can do me a custom job but I have to go to Melbourne, which I am not prepared to do.

Are the any places in Sydney or surrounding suburbs that you know of, that can do custom car bras. I desperately need one, but I cannot justify driving down to Melbourne just to get a car bra, and it would defy the point because I'd end up with 20-30 stonechips at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2002, 18:20   #2 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

But you wouldnt get any on the way back ;o) they did mine via photos etc as i have a bodykit fitted cost me $390 & I live in WA

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 19:47   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Robco Products at Marrickville will do it. I find their products are inferior to Aussie car Bras, however if you insist on full meshing and tell them exactly what you want they work well. Their bras are thicker than Aussie's which provides better protection, however they tend to be harder to fit.

For reference, I have still gotten stone chips THROUGH the bra when using Aussie Car Bras products. I now use a guy who repaints bars etc and overall the cost/convenience equation works out better IMO.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 20:47   #4 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Car bras make a car look ugly as hell IMO . If they were body colour coded then they would look better. I know they are for protection of your bonnet and the front of your car, but cars look much better without them. Just my 2c...
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 22:00   #5 (permalink)

I agree with the last two posts that car bras are more hassle and expense than they are worth. I had a Robco one for a while and it was pain in the posterior to fit, you virtually had to be an acrobat to do it and then half the time the fold up tab thingys wouldn't stay folded up and would flap around in the breeze and then you loose a bit of brightness from your headlamps as well. You aren't supposed to let them get wet, or rather have them on your car when it's raining (like your going to stop and pull it off in a downpour, not!) and it's hard to clean bugs, dirt and crap off them as well.
Why do you want a custom made one?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 22:29   #6 (permalink)

It's got to be a custom job because... http://www.fordforums.com/gallery/in...o=414&size=big

I just want one for those highway trips, because I go to melbourne about 6 times a year.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:07   #7 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I have a car bra australia one its easy to fit and easy to clean.
WINGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 03:54   #8 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I got a car bra, and I only use it when I am doing highway driving.

You can use it in the rain, but you cant let it dry on the car. (just take it off when you park the car)

Its really easy to put on and take off (takes about 30 secs to put on, and about 5 secs to take off)
Old 06-04-2002, 05:02   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I'm just wondering if the custom made car bra will include an undertray to protect the underbody of the car from scraping on the ground.

Presumably they want extra dollars to cover the addtional material required to make one that will fit over all that glass.

All jokes aside I have never found them to be anything but a complete and utter waste of time and effort. But then I'm probably just thick!
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 22:02   #10 (permalink)

car bra's are a very good idea for people who actually DRIVE there car. there are heaps of people out there who own nice cars, and they never ever drive them anywhere, and they will tell you its a waste of time.

if you want to drive a nice car, and not worry about smashed lights and stone chips, get a car bra. the small $300 investment, can save you a lot in respray charges.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech