Cars in Shop RIGHT NOW - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 14:33   #1 (permalink)

biggrin Cars in Shop RIGHT NOW

HEHEHEHEE my car is right at this moment (5/12/02 08:33 Aust. EST) is having its brand new exhaust fitted which comprises of some pacemaker extractors, hiflow cat, straight tru muff and 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes WEEEEEEEE

NOTE: I hope this is a good setup choice, from what i was reading b4 on here seems like the right system though

NOTE: PLEASE comment on ur setup or planned setup as I am very keen to know.
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2002, 20:46   #2 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

Thats basically the tried and true method of putting a zorst on a EA. I only have the 2.5 in cat back at the moment, but im soon getting a set of custom Lukey extractors (im having the secondaries cut and lengthened) and 2.5in cat done too.

Lets us know how much of a difference you get.

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 20:49   #3 (permalink)

I have almost the same setup as you on a EF manual.
I am running pacemaker headers, high flow cat, 2 straight through mufflers, 2.5 inch mandrel bent system all mild steel.

Sound wise, you almost can't notice it cruising. It has a burble from about 1500 - 2000rpm but doesn't start to howl until 3000+rpm

Performance wise, don't expect too much if this is the only thing you have done to your car, add a cam and things should start cooking up quite a bit! Mine seems to rev out to higher RPM better, probably due to the better headers.

I had my computer disconnected a couple of weeks after fitting the exhaust when I needed a new starter motor, the car seemed to run much better after this. I say 'seemed' because I did not get the car dynoed before and after the exhaust.

It seems from your post you are only getting one muffler fitted, that could be quite loud - just the way I like it! If there is one thing I do not like about my system, it is that it could be a little louder, but I'm young and stupid, so that me change over time (but probably won't).

Let us know how you go.
5_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 20:50   #4 (permalink)
EB wagon

Thats what i got, very nice power increase up high :)
Brilliant sound too..

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Professional P Plater

Thats exactly what i am getting done to mine tomorrow(6/12/02)!!
i am only getting one muffler too. Got 17" wheels on mine this morning and a new radiator this arvo. New sway bars in a week when they get delivered and a new cam and maybe chip depending on what info i find out.
Old 12-04-2002, 21:12   #6 (permalink)

crodarian,

I would be interested in what cam/chip combo you are getting and what power/price you are getting for (including install)

That is the next step for my car. I had a quote for a cam and some minor head work, just a degag with possibly minor porting for $1500. This was for a crow stage 2, the guy who I got the quote off seemed to think that the CROW stage 2 package came with a chip from crow.

Does anyone know about this?

(Sorry to get off the thread topic)
5_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 21:22   #7 (permalink)
Professional P Plater

i just priced a crow kit stage 3 from a mate at autobarn and he said that the price they get in in for is just over $1000, then you would need someone with a dyno to install it properly, with that kit you get a cam, chip, vernier gears and topgun? leads. But that doesn't include any head work. He told me that i was looking anywhere from $1250 to $1400 installed, as they have to go to someone else for the dyno. That kit is claimed to give a 30-35% increase in power depending on transmission. Chiptorque do a h.p.3 kit (stage 3 kit) for a falcon that includes b4 and after dynoing and install, but no vernier gears or leads( not sure that it matters myself) with a proven 21 rwkw gain in an EB i think it was. That kit is $950 i think unistalled or $1200 from memory installed. The chip torque website is pretty handy if you want some more info tho. www.chiptorque.com.au i think it is.
I am still researching this option of the chip, and will keep you posted if i find something specific out. Oh and the chiptorque guys have the dyno sheets to prove their claim(if they are honest anyway:)
Old 12-05-2002, 06:14   #8 (permalink)

well been for a few drives and i must say i am HUGELY impressed. Just to clarify i got 1 straight tru muff all mandrell bent, hi flow cat wid me pacemaker extractors no resonator...

The car itself is nice and quit at idle (except for a deeper growl noice) not to noticable but some.. and has a yummy burbleing noise up to about 3000 rpm then wham in comes the noise and power to boot. It also has that sort of bubbling back pressure noise in lower gears to on slowdown something i like very much.

Power increase is also very noticable its like hey im cruising weeeee having fun, look shit accent weaving better flog it to get past, bam shit im doing 110.....

Anyway i reckon that tomorrow ill use my whole tank of gas cruising and listening to me new exhaust coz its sweeeeeeet....

PS nearly went for genie but after what I read here I'm glad I didnt get em
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech