CATman! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 11:33   #1 (permalink)
Brent79

CATman!

Hey dude, Im wanting to get the rear ass of ma wagon lowered to bring it in-line with the front. I understand u put some blocks between the leaf and the axle. How does this affect yer ride?? Does it decrease body roll alot?? How much does it cost???

Cheers

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2002, 14:17   #2 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Well I'm not CATman but I think I can answer this one.

It will do absolutely nothing to ride/handling etc.
All it does is move the axle away from the spring pack. Springs and shocks remain as they are, nothing is altered.

It is a simple block so it doesn't cost much, it just bolts in between the spring and the axle housing. This allows the wagon body to move down in relation to the wheels, that's it.
Old 05-27-2002, 15:32   #3 (permalink)
ex ea driver

dood

i got all scared when i saw my name up there, i though oh no, here it is, theve found out that i'm a prick..
ah i've also put in pedders pegressive rear shocks that geat harder as u go down, and that way it did help, but other then that it looks way better, it cos my $90 for 2 blocks, and u bolts and all the jazz u will need to put in the lowering blocks, ther were a 2" drop and from pedders, hope this helps. it cos me somethign like 350 to lower my car, wif front springs, rear lowering blocks, and we rear shocks. and i think it looks sweet, and handls pritty good
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:41   #4 (permalink)
ex ea driver

how did u go d00d??? end up droppin it at all????? i know i could have gone further to level it up more just for the flatter look, but it would have made it pritty much useless, so i'm happy wif how it is now.
Old 06-03-2002, 05:15   #5 (permalink)
EB wagon

Soon, but not yet!!

Hey Catdude, I havent done anything as of yet... am wanting too use the money too get ma credit card down 1st.... Hopefully i'll have enuf $$$ with ma tax return to lower it and slap a nice body kit + a whole heap of engine/trans mods... Am wanting some of those nice wheels u got tooo

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 00:50   #6 (permalink)
ex ea driver

oh dam, heheh not another set of those mags, nah it should look SWEET. what body kit u gonna go?? i would suggest lowering the whole thing rather then puttin a body kit on it, i love the look of my car, its at a gr8 hight, i keep on havin these bad voices in my mind tellin me "go lower" " go lower" but i have to tell them to Shut the **** up... but i'm also thinkin of goin pump ups in the arse of my car, and koni adjustables in the front but i'm the same need some $$$$ oh and then there is the T5 that i've found but need to pay for and also some nice MPFI... Doh its never gonna get done :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech