Central Locking & Locks... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2002, 15:12   #1 (permalink)
Shaken Not Stirred

Central Locking & Locks...

Im wondering how my central locking should work..here's how mine works....
when i get out the car, I have to manually push the lock down on the inside of the car, which locks all of the dorres.
Now I have to turn a key in the drivers handle, which locks the outside handle of the drivers door. Unlocking is exactly the reverse, unlock with a key, open driver door then manually pull up lock inside drivers door, which unlocks all doors.
The passenger side is slightly different. When it is locked, I can unlock all the door locks with a turn of the key, more like standard central locking...
OK, now is this right, or has it been modified? How can I make it so that the drivers door keylock works all the central locking.
Thanks

David
the_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2002, 15:34   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

It sounds to me like someone has tried to install an anti-carjacking measure. With a VS II and onwards Commodore, unlocking with the remote key unlocks only the driver's door unless the button is held down longer. This prevents intruders from entering through other doors.

I may have mis-interpreted your info though. Either way, if it bothers you you'd just need to make sure that the driver's key is connected to the door lock again...

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 17:33   #3 (permalink)
Brent79

On my EB1, If my car is locked, i put the key in the drivers or passengers door and it unlocks all the doors. When im in the car if i push the lock down, again it locks all the doors. To unlock the doors, i just pull on the inner door handle and the
doors unlock.

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech