Ford Forums banner

Changing EL instument cluster (dials)

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Cobra 
#1 ·
I was told to change the cluster, it would cost over 200 bucks. iS that true? I would mid getting some red or white ones for my car and changing that black cover thing to chrome or soemthing.

#3 ·
Well what I wanted to do was change that black thing which sits infront of the dials to say chrome or soemthing. I guess I could take it out a spray it but that ma look dodgey. The dials themselves I wanted to change to red and change the needles to white and the lights (LED's) behind to blue like the BA XR's.

200bucks though is a bit steep.

#4 ·
you can buy coloured faces from someone from fordmods actually

if your actually after spraying the surrounding of your face look click on the link on my signature, al info should be there on the site.

otherwise email walker_automotive@hotmail.com, he sells those coloured faces for ef/els.

heres a pic of a blue one

#5 ·
Gee that looks allright. I wonder how red or white would look. I like those blue lights from the BA onto EF/EL. I just had a look at that on fordmods.com

#7 ·
I there was a guy on ebay selling custom facias for $90. You could pic the colour of the facia and also the colour the dials light up at night and anything else you want on them like logo's etc. I wouldnt mind on of them!

I think this is one of them, love the red on white,

#9 ·
fUSiON said:
supposedly there was problems with that guy ive been told?

also lighting issues!
I am not sure on that mate coz i never had anything to do with him or anyone else who makes them. But who ever made the facia i attached above is by far the best looking that I have seen so far. I would get the same for my car if i knew how makes them. There are spoiler shops in WA who sell the coloured facias, they have heaps of coloures but they are around the $300 mark.

#10 ·
XtRmn8 said:
I there was a guy on ebay selling custom facias for $90. You could pic the colour of the facia and also the colour the dials light up at night and anything else you want on them like logo's etc. I wouldnt mind on of them!

I think this is one of them, love the red on white,
Oh man that looks good. That's alomst exactly how i picture mine to look like. Blue BA type lght in the background and you'd be laughing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.