Ford Forums banner

Charcoal canister purge solenoid + genuine part = overpriced

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Malakai 
#1 ·
I need a charcoal canister purge solenoid for my car (see sig) well I need two actually one for me and one for a mate. Anyway repco don't have em, neither does supercheap or any other parts shop I tried. Ford has em but there is a catch, how does $142 to $146 (depending on which parts centre you go to) for a pissy little solenoid. Damn, I couldn't believe it. So it looks like going to the wreckers and finding a working one and probably paying like $5.

Incase anyone doesn't know: Fuel evaporates in the tank and these vapours end up in the charcoal canister, this little solenoid is situated after the canister. It is closed while the engine is cold then opens while driving to allow the evaporated fuel vapours to be drawn into the inlet manifold from the charcoal canister to be burnt in the engine.

Here is a pic of it beside my key for size reference.

Anyway, I thought someone might know of a substitute part that is more appropriately priced that does the same job. C'mon solenoids can't be worth as much as ford is asking.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.