Chassis - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2003, 16:30   #1 (permalink)

Chassis

Hi
I have an ea s pack that had a slight disagreement with a wall, and it bent the chassis.
The chassis is bent in front of the cross member.
How can I straighten it ???
Do the front rails come of like the HQ etc holdens, or do i have to cut and shut the foot at the front ??
The car had a bullbar on it which saved the car from some serious damage but it got pulled to one side which bent the off side rail!
Thanks for any help.
cdsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2003, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Re: Chassis

The front rail do not come off AFAIK on the Falcons, this is why I love my WB panelvan
How bad? Most body shops have a hydraulic jig which can straighten minor bends such as that, I suggest you try ringing some of them?

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 20:11   #3 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

You are going to have to get the bolt-on, unbolted. The the car goes on a chassis straghtener. I wouldn't own/drive a car which has had this. The front will not be the same.
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:42   #4 (permalink)

hey

Go to a shop with Data linea repair rack, or car olinea , ,, ones orange the other blue, big deal ,,,Most shops have to have a chassie measuring systerm to stay open and do insurance work ..Most shops with floor pots and portos and dirt floors are being fazied out ,..

Data liner has the full on Lazer measuring system , which it has had since day one where as other competers are just fingering it out...

Then again theres no picture of what the damage is ,
have the rails come back , moved across left or right.. are they dented or bent. But with the old bull bar as you say it had more than ever it would be bent ,,, B/bars defect accident energy but do not abosrbit.

it all depends on how much you love your car.
slothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:25   #5 (permalink)

Here are some Pictures of the area affected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbar.jpg (8.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg frontrail.jpg (5.3 KB, 19 views)
cdsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 23:23   #6 (permalink)

how are you ,, the picys are good but iam sorry to say but the detail is averge ,any chance of it being a more frontal veiw, that would show up the whole front of the damage. ye iam a pain but in the roughish looking pictures its difficult to make out where and who much is buggerd.

defeanitly swaeped across it is that.

how were the gaurd gaps or did the b/bar and chassie mounting points take the brunt.

Any repairer would or should take that job on
slothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 00:04   #7 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
You are going to have to get the bolt-on, unbolted. The the car goes on a chassis straghtener. I wouldn't own/drive a car which has had this. The front will not be the same.
This is CRAP, me old EA was straighter After my crash(telegraph pole), than it was before.
The panel beater said that they came from the factory with 5mm tolerance each way, which i have heard from other sourcse aswell.
He repaired it to within 0.5mm. After the repair i drove it and it drove straighter than ever before, i tookit for a wheel alignment and when i came to pick it up the bloke said that it was spot on and didn't need one.
He also said it was one of the best/straightest EA's he had seen.
I had the car for two years after that and didnt have a single problem.
The secret here is to find a GOOD repairer.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech