Ford Forums banner

Chip for Boss 260 and 290?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  XRFPV8 
#1 ·
I've heard of some mods for the BOSS 260 and 290 such as the SS Cold Air Induction and the extreme Supercharging option.

What about performance enhancing computer Chips? I have yet to see a single write up in any magazine or thread on a chip enhancement for the Boss Engines.

I want a more responsive Boss.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has done it. Any feedback on the throttle response down low, acceleration times, outright power etc would be great.

#2 ·
There's plenty of options out there, i've had a Herrods chip done with the full zorst etc with big improvements the next stage will be to get the cold air induction done,all my work is done by the master(Herrods).
Cheers John

#3 ·
how much power would you be looking at @ the wheels with the SS induction, chip and herrods exhaust aprox?

#4 ·
booked in for a chip and cold air induction last thursday but because i dont have full zorst mod, was told need to do the full zorst 1st other wise you will have to re program chip when you do zorst later. guess what they run out of headers at herrods so going to do book in again, get them headers 1st..headers are supposed to be a bigger gain than the chip...

#5 ·
I have the tsi module from brad garlick, picked up the low down power.
Has had a few teething problems, will be going back on tues to rectify a few problems eg idle is erratic, stalls quite a bit when air con is on, difficult to start.

Thus far the team at brad garlicks have been great, lets see what tues does for the beast!

#6 ·
XRFPV8 said:
booked in for a chip and cold air induction last thursday but because i dont have full zorst mod, was told need to do the full zorst 1st other wise you will have to re program chip when you do zorst later. guess what they run out of headers at herrods so going to do book in again, get them headers 1st..headers are supposed to be a bigger gain than the chip...
Will you be getting dyno sheets before/after to see the difference in the power and torque curve?

Will be good to hear how it went and how more responsive it is

#7 ·
i can ask but 1st must have my Herrod headers and cats put on..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.