Ford Forums banner

Chip & Cam Package

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  kiwi skid kid 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and am very impressed at the information displayed and provided. I have just had a Cam & Chip package installed in my 1994 ED Futura 4.00 and would like to share the results.

My ED has just recorded a Dyno reading of
"180 BHP" or 134 kw's. Torque was a very healthy 960 Lbs.
FXR800 has my Dyno printouts at the moment and is arranging a scan which I will post for you.

#5 ·
It's a custom job.
Special gig Pacemakers (The new ones) which have extended secondary pipes of 18 inches. (More scavanging effect which the chip likes).
Hi Flow Cat into a Hot Dog Style resonator then into straight through muffler followed by another Hot Dog resonator all 2.5 inch.
(Resonators were needed to minimise the db as without them it's damn loud.)

G
#9 ·
See what I mean about chips etc Slim Worked GOOD on a six But put $1300 towards Haltech save$4/500 on M.A.F you have nearly made the difference up.On an eight that is, and no frustration with parts etc.Haltech don't use M.A.F.

#10 ·
Thanks for the replys guys,

The Cam/Chip package is a Chiptorque HP4.
The new version not the one on their Website.
I have before and after Dyno Reads.

I can Email them to you if you like...

The work was carried out by Garry Scott from Scotts Dyno Tune here in Newcastle in conjunction with Lachlan the head of ChipTorque.

I'm not sure on the Cam Grinder I believe they are from Brisbane. I understand it to be a 113 degree profile (if that makes sense). It does make the car heaps stronger.

FXR800 (Rob) has driven the car and is very impressed with it.

The only thing I have had to do is change the diff ratio to 3.45:1 as the cam does take away a bit of bottom end.(Automatic). I'm fussy and wanted that jump off the line as well.

Garry recommends Pacemaker headers and custom exhaust setup be used to make it really sing...

Let me know it you need more info...

PS... I'm going on the Bathurst run with the car..

Nipper...

G
#12 ·
Those pacemaker headers - are they tuned headers (all primary's equal lengths). The dual end pipes sound like the ones I've just fitted to my XR8 - they have 'Herrod Motorsport' on them though - could they be the same? Great lower down torque and noticeable power increase. Dyno before showed 87.5 kw (Dynomax, don't know conversion) Oh yes - its a 200kw AUII - I think they lie about the kw!!! Maybe if you shove it on a bench, stripped of all extras, you might get 200kw, but not real life!

#13 ·
Kiwi, yes they sound exactly the same except for the Herrod Badge.
They where the 1st off Pacemaker's new Gig.
The dual end pipes have 18 inch secondaries attached. You can go as far as 24 inch but my exhaust builder recommended the 18's. Of course the Cat needs to be moved..

Nipper...

#14 ·
kiwi, 87.5Kw at the wheels for an AU XR8 II???? That aint right at all. Thats only 120-130kw at the engine for a 5 speed!! Sounds like they forgot to put in 3 cylinders!

Take it to another dyno and see what its results are, if its similar go show Ford and tell them youve only got an XR5 and you want a new engine.
You should be pulling 140RWkw or about 130 for an Auto.

G
#15 ·
Absolutely right! Under 100kW at the wheels is something seriously wrong... as Martin and Kon have suggested, take it to somewhere else for a dyno run, and see what that gives you. If it's still low, I'd be contacting Ford about it and showing them the dyno sheet. Let us know how it goes.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.